• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New dragon

Wifi56

Bearded Dragon Egg
hi. I’ve been given a New little pal and don’t know any thing about his health. He was given to me by a family at a yard sale who couldn’t take care of him I’ve felt with other reptiles and thought I could give it a try I’ve done some internet hunting on them but haven’t got many answers. Any help would be helpful.i thought his hand looked hurt. And didn’t know what those dots were and if they were a problem.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 59

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Hi - those dots are called femoral pores and are normal. As long as he has some rough surfaces to rub against for those and for skin shedding, all is well there. Not sure about the hand - does he favor it/not walk on it? For general care, you want to make sure he has correct (tube, not compact/coil) uvb light, bright white basking/heat lamp, proper temp ranges, and correct nutrition. There is a very helpful list/chart of foods at beautifuldragons.com/nutrition
You'll need calcium supplement and vitamin supplement as well. If you google bearded dragon care you should find plenty of starter info, and there's also a ton of info on that site, this forum, and other beardie forums. :0)

Latest posts