• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New dragon setup

AZDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
7D420591-0C59-41A9-8A42-E6026A041C8F.jpeg
F61AF047-C9FC-4EAE-B6E4-79A0D7E6CB7E.jpeg
Thanks to everyone for contributing to this forum. It answers tons of questions for people just getting started with this like I am.

I just purchased my 10 year old son his first reptile. He has been asking for a bearded dragon for the past year and we’ve got him everything (I think) to get started for his Christmas gift. I’ll try to attach a picture of our setup to this post.

I’ve got some mustard greens, carrots, and a tub with Dubia Roaches for feeders. I went straight to a 40 gallon enclosure to avoid having a upgrade in a few months. The local herp store recommended two basking areas for a juvenile dragon in the 40 gallon enclosure so that’s what we are trying to start. I’m getting around 105F on the wood and 95F on the rocks. Middle is low 80s. I have a 22” T5 10% UV tube on top of the mesh.

Anything I’m doing wrong at this point? Our house stays warm enough (68-70) that I don’t believe we need an overnight heat source. This is our first night with our first lizard so I welcome all input and suggestions. Thank you.

Latest posts