• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Dragon, please help!

jlk20af0

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey everyone! I need some help...... so I am planning to buy the exo terra front door opening cage that is 36' I believe. Anyone ever use this or have comments on it? Also can someone help explain to me lighting. Should I get a moon lightening bulb for night? I heard the red can disrupt sleep patterns.. also does anyone know how you know what watt amount you should get? Im confused by that. Also I was planning to get the repti sun 10.0 and the powersun uvb basking lamp but is the 10.0 supposed to go across the whole cage or just the cool side?

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
You don't want to use the red light or any sort of light for night time they can see it better than we can. If the room gets below 70 I would recommend a ceramic heater. The 10.0 UVB should just about cover both the hot and cool side. That way when they're basking they get UVB and when they're laying on the cool side they can still get the UVB. The watt of the light depends on how far away the bulb is to the basking point and how cool the room is. There may be a chart but I haven't seen one. That will be trial and error of bulbs trying to find the right one. I'm sure someone has experience with that set up. My heat bulb is 40w and is about 6" from the top basking point and about 10 from the floor. The basking point right now is about 109 and the floor 106. The cool side is like 85 for me but that will change with the room temp. I have a 24" UVB light for a 36" long terrarium

Latest posts