• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Dragon Owner

CitrusStoli

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I just wanted to introduce myself, and say hi to everyone. I just recently picked up a dragon at the Oaks,Pa show, and I'm so very pleased with this little guy. He's very funny, and has quite the personality. They are so relaxed it seems, and I'm kind of relieved. It's a stark contrast to my tegu, who will relax and let me pick him up once he's out,but in the cage he's okay unless I try to move him,but the worst he does is whip. He's a super hypo citrus male, and has some wonderful color to him. Just amazing how alert they are, constantly watching lol.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum. Yes BD are IMO the best reptile our there for a pet you can beat them when it come to personality and handling.

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum!! the BD is the first reptile that I have allowed my boys to have in the house! and I couldn't be happier! I never imagined that I would enjoy them so much!!

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum!! the BD is the first reptile that I have allowed my boys to have in the house! and I couldn't be happier! I never imagined that I would enjoy them so much!!
I was the same, My daughter wanted one since she was about 4 but we wouldnt allow her to get one until we felt she could look after them and be responsible herself. We eventually got out first 2 in August 2009, and now have 6!! Had we realised years ago what great pets they are we would have got them sooner. They are the perfect pet for our daughter as she has allergies to 'furry' pets :)

CitrusStoli

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I will have to say, they are very enjoyable to work with. He doesn't mind being picked up, in fact he sees me come over to the cage and will go to the top of his basking spot and watch me. I've had a few other lizards, and apparently all the earlier lizards I had were rated poorly as first lizards,but I enjoyed them. I have had multiple swifts, green iguana, savannah monitor, and anoles. I now have an extreme giant tegu, and my beardie. I love them both, sadly my tegu is getting ready to hibernate. I couldn't be happier though with this little beardie. I just can't wait til he gets bigger so I can let him roam a little.

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ours love roaming the house & exploring, the girls love going up stairs to see whats different, just have to follow them everywhere as you never know where they may end up lol :)

Chelsey

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Welcome!!

I have a baby too. He thinks he's bigger and can walk around where ever he wants but I follow him every where because he's still too small and can get into place that would cause some trouble (like under the fridge).

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Welcome!!

I have a baby too. He thinks he's bigger and can walk around where ever he wants but I follow him every where because he's still too small and can get into place that would cause some trouble (like under the fridge).

I remember when we got our first 2. Dusty was having a wals around and had went into the kitchen. Hubby came in the back door and spooked her and she ran and hid under the dishwasher. We had to take off the kickboard under the units to get at her lol. The things we do for our animals lol :)

Latest posts