• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New dragon mom

What is your BDs favorite Treat?

• Fruits

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Worms

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Kaylee

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just got a baby bearded dragon almost 2 months ago from petsmart. I feel like i kind of set myself up with obstacles getting a reptile from a chain pet store instead of a breeder but when i saw the wee one scratching at the glass i was smittin. My baby doesnt have a definative name yet so he/she goes by Bruce atm. Bruce lives in a 40 gallon with repticarpet substrate, reptisun 10.0 UVB and 100 watt heat bulb. Basking temp 107 cool side 83. Baths are 2 times a week and Bruce gets squirts of water daily. Offered dubia roaches dusted with calcium, offered collard greens and mustard greens sometimes apples, blueberries or black berries for treats. When i first got Bruce he/she didnt eat many crickets so i switched to dubia roaches. Will NOT touch the veggies or fruits at all. Still has very little appetite. Eats maybe 1-5 roaches a day. I was worried Bruce might have parasites so i took him/her to the vet today and fecal test came back clean. Bruce is a curious and adventurous little one so the only issue im having is poor appetite. The vet gave me antibiotics, dewormer and powder formula food to give daily through a syringe for the next week. Vet recommended daily baths as well for the time being and to maybe try offering some worms as well. All i can do is hope for the best. I dont think i have ever invested so much money into a pet lol but Bruce is worth it to me.
1553r6d.jpg

24zkm7d.jpg

11mdjya.jpg

28irdzl.jpg

osv0qu.jpg

rqvx9i.jpg

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
Aw! What a cutie. Well the good thing is even though he is eating very little, dubia are the best insect he could be eating, nutrition wise. You gut load them, correct? Don't worry about him not liking greens and fruit much, when they are young they won't want or need as much.

Your set up looks great! Is that a water bowl in the corner? I'm not a fan of keeping water in the enclosure - it raises the humidity and some beardies spend way too much time soaking, which is not great for them. Otherwise, he looks good. Hopefully he starts eating more for you.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yeah, don't stress about them not eating greens much right now. As long as he is eating his bugs and they are gut loaded he should be fine. Keep offering salad though. You can also try a probiotic to help his tummy get on track. I get mine from bearded dragon.co or you could use Children's Culturelle without any flavor or sugar added.

Latest posts