• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New dragon mama, rescue beardie

Arushingmd

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all! I have a bearded dragon I just took in from a well intentioned but uninformed owner. She's been living on crickets and romaine lettuce her whole life and her only tank lighting was a standard lightbulb. She's all set up now, but she's seriously underweight. Any suggestions on fattening her up or just feed her properly and it will happen eventually?

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
welcome, Arushingmd. It will take some time. Good for you - I have a heart for rescues !! There are a couple of links following my signature which will provide you with some awesome information. Couple of the forum members put these together. Give her some time to adjust to a new home - this in itself can be stressful. How long it takes depends a lot on her - how comfortable she is with her new home, how sick she really is now, what you feed her, how much you feed her - more frequently would be better than more all at once. Keep us posted - and send pictures ! We love pictures (before and after are great too)

Arushingmd

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you :) She seems quite happy here, always wants out to be carried around. She'll eat super worms out of my hand.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Awe bless your heart! Rescues are special! Sounds like you have a real sweetheart on your hands. I agree with Canicke it will take some time but just getting on good food and healthy greens will do wonders. It wouldn't hurt to have her checked over by a vet to make sure she's ok, as with only regular lighting she could be deficient in Vit's
Fill us in on her set up now and yep we love pictures!

Last edited by a moderator:

Arushingmd

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm in the process of transitioning her from romaine to healthier greens and adding in veggies. She loves butternut squash, kinda liked carrots, hates collards, lol. She loves her superworms and I make sure to dust them for her. This is Jenny (the dragon) and Sara (my daughter)

Attachments

• IMAG0166.jpg
    IMAG0166.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14

shopman

Hatchling Dragon
Arushingmd,
Nice job! These guys are great! Just ask and you will have the answers you need. Looks like you a beautiful addition to the family. Good luck!!

Latest posts