• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New DIY Home for 2!

Rich Garbarino

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
We got these two as babies and kept them together in an Eco Terra that was approx 36x18x18. As they started getting bigger we realized we had a male and female. Things were fine for a while until there was a bite on the females tail that lead to the tip falling off. So we divided the tank to keep them separate until I could built a new enclosure.

Here it is. A two story home with each level being 45" wide, 23" deep and 21" high. They each have a 3 foot UVB light along with a 60w heat bulb that keeps it around 101 on the warm side and 85 on opposite side. Each floor is white melamine for easy cleanup and the rest is made of oak plywood sealed with water based poly. Fully silicone sealed on all corners. Each level has its own vent and sliding glass doors.

The orange/yellow beardie is the female named Peaches and is a leatherback. The red beardie is the male named Nacho because he reminds us of a Dorito's nacho chip.

Attachments

• Image1.jpeg
    Image1.jpeg
    657.2 KB · Views: 41
  • Image2.jpeg
    Image2.jpeg
    679.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Image3.jpeg
    Image3.jpeg
    619.6 KB · Views: 33

MamaQuartz10

Bearded Dragon Egg
We got these two as babies and kept them together in an Eco Terra that was approx 36x18x18. As they started getting bigger we realized we had a male and female. Things were fine for a while until there was a bite on the females tail that lead to the tip falling off. So we divided the tank to keep them separate until I could built a new enclosure.

Here it is. A two story home with each level being 45" wide, 23" deep and 21" high. They each have a 3 foot UVB light along with a 60w heat bulb that keeps it around 101 on the warm side and 85 on opposite side. Each floor is white melamine for easy cleanup and the rest is made of oak plywood sealed with water based poly. Fully silicone sealed on all corners. Each level has its own vent and sliding glass doors.

The orange/yellow beardie is the female named Peaches and is a leatherback. The red beardie is the male named Nacho because he reminds us of a Dorito's nacho chip.
PLEASE!!! Tell me you have plans you could share/sell??? My son and I want to get started raising a pair, and I told him he had to help build an enclosure first...and I'm so hooked! That's stunning!

(Seriously, I only joined the forum because of this post, lol)

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Nice setup, Add a couple rocks or a brick, and something soft if you can, peaches is so cute.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
PLEASE!!! Tell me you have plans you could share/sell??? My son and I want to get started raising a pair, and I told him he had to help build an enclosure first...and I'm so hooked! That's stunning!

(Seriously, I only joined the forum because of this post, lol)
Theres lots of diy setups out there, if ur son is handy have him get all the measurements and go to lowes or homedepot , they have a plywood cutting section, someone will then cut all ur pieces for you then all you habe to do is screw it all together (predrill holes so u get better connections)

Latest posts