• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new contest

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I like the gift card idea :) but i'm not sure if that would work within the U.K our pet stores don't do gift cards as such
Lol send a money order? And gift cards can be used online last time I checked.

I personally don't think send ing a dragon is a good idea.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The prizes are generally donations, which limits the options & we should be happy with what is offered, very few will donate cash out of their pocket. It is really hard to have a prize donated that would be available to all countries, make everyone happy & I think that is why Josh mentioned maybe alternative options for the Intercontinental members if possible. If the prize or alternative offered is not for you or you cannot keep or use it, maybe then the contest shouldn't be entered. There is always the option to give it to a another member, or second place, who it is available to. I am in the same situation as many of you, I am not in the US.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
It's a beautiful dragon, can't believe they'd consider giving it up as a prize anyway.

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
It's a beautiful dragon, can't believe they'd consider giving it up as a prize anyway.
I would looooooooooove the dragon, but there are some things that make me prefer a gift card like no space for another beardie, have a lot of pets at the moment, landlord won't allow more pets, not sure if I could spend as much time as I would really want to with it, and the cost to feed the little one as I have 2 adults that eat mostly greens. With my girls I could sure use the gift card to buy something special for both of them. But that is just my situation and I'm sure that other members could take in a beardie.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think that in any photo contest, entries should be submitted via PM or email, then re-posted anonymously, & be pics that have not been recently posted elsewhere, so the voting is on the merits of the Picture & not a personal popularity contest. There should also be a stipulation or separate category for enhanced or Photo-shopped pics.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I think that in any photo contest, entries should be submitted via PM or email, then re-posted anonymously, & be pics that have not been recently posted elsewhere, so the voting is on the merits of the Picture & not a personal popularity contest. There should also be a stipulation or separate category for enhanced or Photo-shopped pics.
I think photo shopped or enhanced just simply shouldn't be allowed. That's just me, and my opinion really doesn't count for much so... I'll shut up now :D

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I think thats a great idea :D but another beardie will cost hundreds.. i think a regular gift card would be better :/

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I think thats a great idea :D but another beardie will cost hundreds.. i think a regular gift card would be better :/
It would cost money, but any animal does. If you wouldn't want to take care of it, you wouldn't have to enter the contest. Just a thought. Contests are fun though...

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Was trying to think of a theme because I can't sleep tonight and have nothing else to do. How about bath time fun? Also... silliest beardie moments?

sonja

Hatchling Dragon
How about an "up close and personal" theme. It could feature close up photos of our beardies. It doesn't even have to be of their faces. Maybe their markings, feet, tails, etc. just a thought. :)

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
That would be nice; but we would have to pick a specific part of the body; because if its just for the markings on there bodies; the people who have bright beardies and beautiful colors would automatically be the ones chosen.