• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New cage ideas

Odyssey94

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey
So I’m having trouble finding the best cage for my beardie right now she is about 8 inches from head to tail she is in a 10 gallon tank ( yes I know it’s small for her) but i can’t seem to find a suitable tank for her I was wondering if any of you guys have suggestions

Thanks
Ody&Jordan

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi, there are a few options you could go for. Firstly, do you want a glass type or wooden vivarium? If you want to stick with the tank type you will need a minimum of 40 gallon. The gallon size is not as important as the dimensions, you want something with enough depth for you beardie to turn comfortably. Remember,she is 8 inches now, she will be double that size in 6 months probably, so plan ahead.
Wooden vivs offer more space and are a bit more adaptable. The minimum size you will need is 3x1.5x1.5ft, but I have found 4x2x2ft to be ideal for an adult sized dragon. If you go down this route, lights are generally mounted inside so will need different fixtures than a tank and a thermostat to control temperatures is essential.
So, decide if you just want to take the next step up from what you have and change again when he gets bigger ,or get something that is future proofed for when he gets older. Guess it boils down to how much money you can afford to spend.
Another option would be to build your own vivarium. I have seen some nice ones people on this site have built, if you are skilled in that way.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you go glass petco often does their $1 per gal sales.

Latest posts