• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Bio Active Setup

SMaC

Bearded Dragon Egg
Want to set up a bio active tank. Wondering if anyone had any experience with these kits from The Bio Dude?

https://www.thebiodude.com/

I know I can mix my own but I like the one stop shopping. Just looking for some feedback if anyone used this system. Got a exo terra 36x18x24 for our juvenile future home.

Thanks!

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi, I would be interested to hear how you get on with this as Ive read a lot of interesting stuff on the subject. I dont know about those kits, but the LED light worries me. Is that used as supplimental lighting in addition to usual lights? LED lights have come a long way, but are they suitable for beardies?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I haven't done bio for my beardies. Making sure the humidity is right and that you pick plants that aren't going to get completely trampled or eaten just sounds like too much of a pain with them. Also, just read recently on the bio active group on FB that if your beardie has parasites, you will need to scrap the whole tank and start again. That could be expensive.

I have successfully done bio for my frogs and my crested gecko. I use that Jungle Dawn LED light on my gecko tank and my plants are thriving. The LED lights should be okay for bearded dragons as long as there are no colored lights in it. Colored lights of any color can damage their retinas over time.

SMaC

Bearded Dragon Egg
Want to set up a bio active tank. Wondering if anyone had any experience with these kits from The Bio Dude?

https://www.thebiodude.com/

I know I can mix my own but I like the one stop shopping. Just looking for some feedback if anyone used this system. Got a exo terra 36x18x24 for our juvenile future home.

Thanks!

SMaC

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, I would be interested to hear how you get on with this as Ive read a lot of interesting stuff on the subject. I dont know about those kits, but the LED light worries me. Is that used as supplimental lighting in addition to usual lights? LED lights have come a long way, but are they suitable for beardies?

Will do!

vmenagerie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have most of my reptiles in Bioactive setups from The Bio Dude, and I highly recommend him. I haven't done my Beardies yet, because with 3 in 4-foot cages, it gets expensive, but someday! Let us know how it goes!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Expensive is right! Those little tiny isopods can be crazy priced. I have enough spring tails to last me until the end of time. I bought these real cool fancy orange isopods at a show and my frogs ate them all as soon as they saw them!

woodson28

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I would love to know how this goes for you. I just ordered 2 kits from the bio-dude, 1 for my leopard geckos and 1 for my dubia colony. I'm very curious as to how this would work for my beardies. I have 3. But I'm still not completely convinced.

rdoyle225

Juvenile Dragon
I'm about to go boi. I was going to use him. He actually coming to a show in New Orleans.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

rdoyle225

Juvenile Dragon
The LED lights are more for the plants not the Dragon you use your dragon lights and use the LED lights for your life plants

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Hopehrl

Hatchling Dragon
I would love to know how it goes. I'm currently saving up to get a Bio kit from the Biodude for both my beardie and my leopard geckos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts