• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New beardy - Eddie

Shane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Also, how much should he be eating ??

Or should i feed him till he stops eating ??? He dont seem to stop :p

Earlyer his belly was very big before he passed :eek: i was concerned, how much should he be poo'ing? He has been eating maby 20-25 (all diffrent, today 10 crickets, 10 locus and 5 waxworms)

but i have head people say from 25 - 100 crickets a day ! :eek:

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Shane said:
Also, how much should he be eating ??

Or should i feed him till he stops eating ??? He dont seem to stop :p

Earlyer his belly was very big before he passed :eek: i was concerned, how much should he be poo'ing? He has been eating maby 20-25 (all diffrent, today 10 crickets, 10 locus and 5 waxworms)

but i have head people say from 25 - 100 crickets a day ! :eek:

Folks are right. A young dragon can eat anywhere from 25 to 100 crickets daily. Feed him as much as he wants in a 10-15 minute period, 2-3 times a day. Some like to feed in a separate location so you don't have to be chasing bugs out.

Shane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Renee said:
Folks are right. A young dragon can eat anywhere from 25 to 100 crickets daily. Feed him as much as he wants in a 10-15 minute period, 2-3 times a day. Some like to feed in a separate location so you don't have to be chasing bugs out.

He will be happy with you ;D

I might try that method, :)

So just let all the feed out in a container, and put an egg timer on for 10 mins then take him out?

I guess he should be fead twice a day like this?

How old do you think he is??

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well, you don't want to overwhelm him and put 100 crickets in there at one time. Start out with 5 or 10 crickets and see how he does. After a couple of feedings, you'll get a feel for how many crickets/other feeder he will eat in a 10 minute period.

It's hard to say how old. My guess would be 2 months, but I'll admit, I'm bad at guessing age. They all grow differently.

Shane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
The previous owner had him for two months, how old are they sold at? I keep trying o get a good measurement of him, but as he still dont like being touched its proving difficlut, but its definatly around the 14inch mark :)

IS it possible to overfeed him? as hes just had a load of crickets (over 15) (reminded me why i hate crickets ;D) about 8 locus, and proably 10 mealworms and 3 wax worms. And i bet he would eat that all again !

should i continue feeding ? I dont want to overfeed the fella (is that possible? )

Cheers :)

Shane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Some pics of fatty ;D

DSCF0428.jpg

DSCF0429.jpg

DSCF0430.jpg

;D

IVe turned his light off, and he wont stop "digging"

i might make him a den tommorow to sleep in ???

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Aw, he's adorable.

I've seen babies sold anywhere between 4 and 8 weeks. The first 2 months are so critical in the little guy's life. Personally, I would not take on a beardie younger than 6 weeks.

Babies eat A LOT. I don't think it is possible to overfeed them. Now, if he is eating 500 crickets a day, then I would be concerned. But if you are in the 100-150 range, you are in the norm.

BTW...stay away from mealworms. They do not offer any nutritional value and their outer shell is hard to digest, especially for babies.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Shane... He appears to be 4-6 months in age...

Keep feedin him.... He's got a growth spurt coming ;)... Oh... nix on that wood substrate... put him on non adhesive shelf liner... I saw in that video he nabbed a piece of that wood, when going after a cricket...

Other than that... He's got a great future with you, lov !

I'll keep my eye out for roaches in the UK for you... When I find them... we'll get you both set up... and you'll reaaaaally see some growing and eating from Eddie !

Janie ;)

Shane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
;D

a growth spurt :eek: hes already costing me a fortune ;D

Ill have a look about for some shelf liner, for the moment should i use paper?

Ive found some dubia roaches in the UK

http://www.roachshop.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12&Itemid=15

there quite expencive at £9.50 posted (around 17 dolars?) for 25 :eek: I guess they will contain males and females ? is there anyway to tell? woudl that be enought to start a colony?

just a few questions about them:
do they scurry about like crickets ? :eek:
do they fly??
will they need a heat source?
do they smell?
how can you clean them out :eek: i imagine chaos? and alot of roaches escaping???

and how do you get them out to dust / feed ?

Just my cricket experiences arnt good !! :p and end up with lots of crickets out and there substraight everywhere!!! :(

Shane

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
how long will it take for my first "harvest" of sutable sized bugs? (10-20mm?)

ive been looking on youtube and it dont look hard atall :)

Cheers :)

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
From start of breeding to harvestable sizes... about 3 months... if you get mixed sizes, you have the initial 3 months, then quicker for the second bunch, since the 'adults' this time were the smaller younger roaches this time.
Janie

Latest posts