• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new beardie's glass surfing lots

justaguyhonestly

Bearded Dragon Egg
hello!! so recently i got a new beardie, first time owner. months of research put in. he's very sweet but the only thing that concerns me about him is he seems to glass surf frequently? i've checked all his temps and lights and made absolutely 100% sure it's nothing that i'm doing wrong, but i'm not sure why he's doing it. is it relocation stress? his old foster did say he really enjoys being out of the tank, could it be that he just wants to come out and run around?

Beardie Lover

Juvenile Dragon
My bearded dragon does the same thing when she is bored. I think he just wants to come out and play!

Hadenuffyet

Juvenile Dragon
hello!! so recently i got a new beardie, first time owner. months of research put in. he's very sweet but the only thing that concerns me about him is he seems to glass surf frequently? i've checked all his temps and lights and made absolutely 100% sure it's nothing that i'm doing wrong, but i'm not sure why he's doing it. is it relocation stress? his old foster did say he really enjoys being out of the tank, could it be that he just wants to come out and run around?
If in a glass tank with a lot of reflective surfaces, might not like the reflection.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If the dragon is used to being out then I would say yes-- lighting is extremely important- NO COIL UVB'S - basking temps taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- No colored bulbs-- these would cause glass surfing as well

Latest posts