• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Beardie!

Jpzdude

Bearded Dragon Egg
Just purchased my new baby bearded dragon! Setting up my 40 gallon exo tank with opening glass doors and can't wait to put him/her inside! This is my first beardie and basically first real reptile other than a few ankle's. I look forward to hearing advice, giving advice, and gaining reputation on this forum page! Thanks!

-Jackson

Jpzdude

Bearded Dragon Egg
Photo on 2-14-14 at 6.17 PM.jpg

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Looks good. What do you have for lights? not to sure what light is what but just be sure the uvb is as close to the basking spot as possible. And remember that uvb is cut down when going through a screen so u may have to replace more often. I have a cheap walmart fixture for a 24" long tube mounted inside mine. Whats his basking temp and cool side temp? The plainer the better when there small.:)

Jpzdude

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks! I have the basking near the tree area 75W but upgrading to 100W and I have the uvb right next to the basking. Im going to turn those on once i find my extension cord.

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Awsome. Well its looking good. I didnt see the little guy/girl in there once its all settled in id like to see another pic

Jpzdude

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yeah, he/she is in there Ill try and get a picture, its actually drinking right now, it has been for like 3 minutes straight is that ok? I hate calling animals "it" but he/she gets a bit repetitive. Lol.

Darrell Asper

Juvenile Dragon
I was worried about the UVB being outside the tank just because of its size, on the eco-terra large, so I got a Zilla 20" tube, and A cheap 20" light from Wal-Mart, thinking cool all I had to do was switch bulbs. Well the Zilla bulb ended up being shorter, but the light was plastic so I just cut it down, and mounted it on the back edge with 2 screws

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1392421272764.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392421272764.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 34
  • uploadfromtaptalk1392421291692.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392421291692.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 31

Latest posts