• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new beardie owner

chris67

Bearded Dragon Egg
need some advise three weeks a go bumped into some one at koi carp she had two beardies on her having them sexed got told they were two males so she had to rehome one (there eleven months old well to cut long story short she got rid of both her freind had one and i took the other with a viv set up as well i have had him just over a week he is not eating very well if im luck ing he will eat some of his greens but wont touch any thing alive is there any thing i can do to stop him being so stressed i try to give him a cuddle every so often wich he seems to like help he is the first dragon i have had though i didnt go in to this on a whim i have been looking into getting a dragon for a few years

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome2.jpg

BDs will often go through an acclimation period last a week to 10+ days when rehomed, during this time it is quite common for their appetite to be affected.

Please post pics of your setup, showing the orientation of your lighting in relation to the basking spot & the rest of the enclosure. Also, please give as much info as you can about the setup, such as enclosure size, Substrate, type of thermometers that you use to measure your temps, exactly where you measure them & what the temps are, type, brand & strength of UVB Bulb, etc. This will give the other members a 'feel' for your setup & help to pinpoint if there are any other obvious reasons for this behavior.

Good Luck

Latest posts