• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Beardie owner :)

Alisha OK

Juvenile Dragon
Hey all ! Ive just recently bought my very first bearded dragon and I'm absolutely in love with him. His name is Finnegan, Finn for short :)
I spent months researching the littlest things making sure his home will and would be perfect for him.
He's got quite the personality haha, I'm a tad worried because he doesn't really wanna eat, but I did only get him yesterday and the petstore only received them yesterday as well , so I'm sure he's a tad stressed with a ride to the pet store and an hour ride home with me. he does however like meal worms haha Hopefully someone can tell me what to watch for with a new beardie ! ( as i was typing he sprinted to his food dish and ate some of his dragon food "Pebbles")
my brother also got one, from the same clutch whose name is Jake, however he already eats like a pig haha, i guess they have different personalities :)
im gonna attach a picture of Finns new crib and him of course :)
Finn and Jake are both leatherbacks, Finn has two orange stripes running down his back, which i think are absolutely adorable
His brother Jake is darker, with a really neat pattern on his back

Alisha & Finn

Attachments

• finnscrib.JPG
    finnscrib.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 112
  • FinnandJake.JPG
    FinnandJake.JPG
    1,018.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2762.jpg
    IMG_2762.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2759.jpg
    IMG_2759.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 38

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
WelcometoBDF1.jpg

Finn is Gorgeous.

Be sure that you are not feeding the pellets dry. Many BDs will have an acclimation period that can last a week to 10 days which may affect their appetite. It is generally best to keep handling to a minimum during this time to allow for as stress free a transition as possible. Are you & your brother housing them in the same enclosure?

Welcome & Good Luck,

Alisha OK

Juvenile Dragon
yes his pellets were moistened with warm water before he got them ! they were temporarily over night in the same tank, but now my brothers tank is all set up and Jake has been moved

sircactuscat

Juvenile Dragon
Hello, to tame him/she, you should try holding mealworms and/or waxworms and allow him to crawl up your hand to get them, after a while he should start to trust you and if you're lucky, he'll lick your hand to show interest. Another way is to have the cricket or locust box in the viv, pretend to faff around and pretend you can't open the box, hopefully he'll come to the box, if he gets to you, open the box and let him peer inside and eat. This is how I first tamed my Beardie and since, he has been a little terror. When picking him up and holding, do it from underneath, NOT above, this is how predators approach them and they will shy away from you, and that is the least you want from your little compadre. Good luck!! Hope this helps ;)

Alisha OK

Juvenile Dragon
Hello, to tame him/she, you should try holding mealworms and/or waxworms and allow him to crawl up your hand to get them, after a while he should start to trust you and if you're lucky, he'll lick your hand to show interest. Another way is to have the cricket or locust box in the viv, pretend to faff around and pretend you can't open the box, hopefully he'll come to the box, if he gets to you, open the box and let him peer inside and eat. This is how I first tamed my Beardie and since, he has been a little terror. When picking him up and holding, do it from underneath, NOT above, this is how predators approach them and they will shy away from you, and that is the least you want from your little compadre. Good luck!! Hope this helps ;)

He wasn't eating but today I started feeding him in a separate tub with 3 or 4 crickets at a time. he certainly took to it fast, no hesitation! I felt so proud of him haha it really is like having a child. Its been 4 days and I can't even think of life without him. too cute!

Latest posts