• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new beardie owner

crazyeye72985

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
hello everyone. im a new owner of a lovely and very active dragon. her name is Lady Gaga. we believe she is a girl, she hasnt been properly sexed yet. A name my sister and her friends from work gave her (she works at petsmart). i measured her the day after i brought her home she measured 6" head to tail. Ive been very happy with her so far. shes definetly a piggy. she eats everything. started out with only 6 crickets then moved to 12 then 14 and she devours them like crazy. ive been giving her 2 meal worms just about every morning when i come home from work. i work 3rd shift. she took alittle while to figure out they were food, once she did they dont stay in the bowl very long. she seems to like them. ive been giving her salad pieces every day. so far she seems to be very healthy and active. at times i do catch her clawing at the side of the tank, not sure what that means. when i take her out and hold her she doesnt really move, she just lays there. sometimes she closes one eye when i pet her. i think she likes me. sometimes ill set her on my lap, she stays most of the time, others she trys to run around, once she jumped and i accidentally grabbed her tail. it seems fine though. im worried to try setting her on my shoulder for fear that she will try and jump.

on the way home from the pet store
IMG_20101115_150044.jpg

her new home
IMG_20101115_162257.jpg

holding her
IMG_20101116_105738.jpg

IMG_20101116_105801.jpg

her eating breakfast
IMG_20101119_103320.jpg

crazyeye72985

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
o i forgot to mention she took her first couple poops the other day. finally starting to pass all those freakin crickets. the little piggy. found out she doesnt like blueberries. we are going to try a banana this morning see if she likes that.

o and my name is Ryan

crazyeye72985

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i forgot some pictures
IMG_20101119_103340.jpg

IMG_20101119_103329.jpg

im pretty sure shes supposed to be orange. as for the marks under her belly ill have to look again today and see if they are the same. shes been in the tank for about a week now.

she also lets me hand feed her which i dont know is a good thing or not. but she doesnt seem to have a problem with it. i also didnt know about giving them baths. good thing i started trolling the forum. whats the best way to do that and how often?

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome and congrats on your new baby, she is beautiful.

I saw you are feeding meal worms. These are very hard for them to digest and offer little nutrition, a better worm for a baby would be a Phoenix worm, or silk worm. Remember all live feeders should be no larger then the space between the eyes. Only feed bananas rarely, they bind to the calcium and are not the best for them. What are the veggies you are feeding daily?

It is good that she is eating already, just keep in mind she can eat up to 100/day. There are many great websites to order them from at good prices, just let us know and we can help you with that too. You should feed as much as she can eat in 15 minuets 2-3 times a day. Are you dusting with calcium or multivitamins?

As for baths babies should get a bath everyday, most do not like it at first but come around. The water should be as warm as it would for a baby, I use a little duck from Target in the baby section that says Hot if the water is too hot. The water should be no higher then her shoulders and supervised at all times.

It is hard to tell from the pictures, do you have a UV light yet?

Hope this helps you a little.

crazyeye72985

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
staylor said:
Welcome and congrats on your new baby, she is beautiful.

I saw you are feeding meal worms. These are very hard for them to digest and offer little nutrition, a better worm for a baby would be a Phoenix worm, or silk worm. Remember all live feeders should be no larger then the space between the eyes. Only feed bananas rarely, they bind to the calcium and are not the best for them. What are the veggies you are feeding daily?

It is good that she is eating already, just keep in mind she can eat up to 100/day. There are many great websites to order them from at good prices, just let us know and we can help you with that too. You should feed as much as she can eat in 15 minuets 2-3 times a day. Are you dusting with calcium or multivitamins?

As for baths babies should get a bath everyday, most do not like it at first but come around. The water should be as warm as it would for a baby, I use a little duck from Target in the baby section that says Hot if the water is too hot. The water should be no higher then her shoulders and supervised at all times.

It is hard to tell from the pictures, do you have a UV light yet?

Hope this helps you a little.
IMG_20101117_230454.jpg

im feeding her romaine lettuce and carrots. i just gave her a raspberry today and she loved it. she eats out of my hands alot which i think is ok. ive been feeding her meal worms alot so i guess ill stop them and get new ones. and thanks about the banana i didnt give it to her yet. ill give her a bath later today

thanks

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi and welcome

Heres a link to food chart with all the good, occasional, not so good and BAD fruit/veg and greens

Beardie foods

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They do love raspberries. Romain is not the best food to feed daily, a good staple is collard greens, or mustard greens. Be careful with carrots, they are high in vitamin A and these can make them sick. There is a great feeding chart on here that tells what are good staple/everyday foods, what to feed on occasion or never. It has pictures and is very helpful.

http://mybeardie.com/bearded-dragon-forum/bearded-dragon-diet/food-chart-with-pictures/

Beardie_Mommy3991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! Lady Gaga is so cute! :) Yep. I get my crickets from LLLreptile for a great price. ($25 for a 1000!!!) And I keep them in a big sterilite bin with lots of cardboard egg crates and toilet paper tubes. I feed my crickets lettuce (very cheap and it provides food AND hydration for them) Anyway, sorry for the long cricket rant XP Welcome again, and good luck with your new family addition :)

crazyeye72985

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i get my crickets from petsmart, my sister gets a discount on them so its not that expensive. she seems to really like the lettuce. thank you everyone

crazyeye72985

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i just gave her a bath. well i wasn't sure how long to leave her in there for. basically i held her and put her in the water. she fought me at first then realized i wasn't going to drown her and she settled down. i basically held her the whole time while she was in there. i left her in there for a couple minutes then took her out. i was actually surprised she didn't fight me.

lately she doesn't want to be picked up. she fights me. ill hold her for a bit then she just wants to get away. not sure if theres a problem or not or if shes just being stubborn. i did take her out this morning and she jumped off my lap again...im afraid to bring her out with the fear she will jump off something high and get hurt. also she does have marks under her belly im not sure if its a pattern or if they are stress marks. ill try and get a picture in a bit

Debbe

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Aww, the leaping lizard days..Marley was quite the jumper too when he was young.

Welcome to the forum..She is bright eyed and cute!

crazyeye72985

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Im back sorry for being MIA lately....Miri is doing good now. My my my does she go insane for Crickets LOL ill post up some new pictures in a new thread

Latest posts