• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Beardie owner!

Donnaprovost11

Bearded Dragon Egg
I recently got a young bearded dragon. I am not sure of his age they said he is almost a juvenile. I am new to all of this and I want to make sure he is taken care of properly. When my husband bought him for me the guy told him that loose substrate was ok to use, and the sand was not ok to use. So my husband got some dirt like loose substrate that’s made from loose coconut fibers. Well I have woken up twice and he has gotten those little fibers stuck in his eye. So we decided to clean out the substrate and just use paper towels until we can find something better for him. I don’t want him to get hurt. My problem is, that when he goes to sleep he sort of buries himself a little. He seems to be comfortable doing that and when we removed the substrate he is still trying to dig a little. Is there anything I can do that will give him that sensation without hurting him. I want him to be comfortable and he seems to like to dig a little before sleeping. I don’t know if that is something they usually do, for protection. I have only had him about maybe 2 weeks. Thank you everyone for your time!! I appreciate all the help!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I recently got a young bearded dragon. I am not sure of his age they said he is almost a juvenile. I am new to all of this and I want to make sure he is taken care of properly. When my husband bought him for me the guy told him that loose substrate was ok to use, and the sand was not ok to use. So my husband got some dirt like loose substrate that’s made from loose coconut fibers. Well I have woken up twice and he has gotten those little fibers stuck in his eye. So we decided to clean out the substrate and just use paper towels until we can find something better for him. I don’t want him to get hurt. My problem is, that when he goes to sleep he sort of buries himself a little. He seems to be comfortable doing that and when we removed the substrate he is still trying to dig a little. Is there anything I can do that will give him that sensation without hurting him. I want him to be comfortable and he seems to like to dig a little before sleeping. I don’t know if that is something they usually do, for protection. I have only had him about maybe 2 weeks. Thank you everyone for your time!! I appreciate all the help!
Get him a blanket like fleece - you can also cut up the fleece blanket as well and put in his hide- cut it in strips- see how that works