• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Beardie Owner

Trzenoga

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all!

New to the forum of course, really excited about my new dragons. I have two "fancy" from petsmart. They seem to be doing ok and are really active. Very fun watching them run around. Just made a new wooden enclosure for them so I don't have to buy a bigger enclosure when they get bigger. Ive read conflicting messages about housing multiple dragons in the same enclosure so if anyone can clarify that for me, it would be great. They are really small at the moment and aren't having any issues, but I'd like to circumvent any possible issues in the future. I look forward to reading and learning everything I can about these little guys.

Attachments

• 20180110_202009.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum, they are solitary critters and need to be housed apart. Even clutch mates can get into it with eachother for the best basking spot the best UVB spot the most food..
Take a look at the links below several of our comments as we have put together a ton of info for new comers and will help you out. Ask whatever you need.
I just saw your picture: you want to avoid colored bulbs as they have a gland on top of their heads that detect light, basking bulbs should be white light, if your looking at heat at night they don't need heat they need the drop in temps as long as it doesn't fall below 65F
your UVB should cover 2/3rds of the tank the one you have is a compact one and that will not be enough. Most of us use Reptisun T5 HO 10.0 these are high output and are long and skinny.. in the link we show pictures.

Trzenoga

Bearded Dragon Egg
Welcome to the forum, they are solitary critters and need to be housed apart. Even clutch mates can get into it with eachother for the best basking spot the best UVB spot the most food..
Take a look at the links below several of our comments as we have put together a ton of info for new comers and will help you out. Ask whatever you need.
I just saw your picture: you want to avoid colored bulbs as they have a gland on top of their heads that detect light, basking bulbs should be white light, if your looking at heat at night they don't need heat they need the drop in temps as long as it doesn't fall below 65F
your UVB should cover 2/3rds of the tank the one you have is a compact one and that will not be enough. Most of us use Reptisun T5 HO 10.0 these are high output and are long and skinny.. in the link we show pictures.
Thank you for the resources. Ill definitely take a look at them tonight.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you for the resources. Ill definitely take a look at them tonight.
your welcome! I know it can be fun to have them together as you think oh they need a buddy, but really in the wild they only come together to mate and even that is a very rough task and the males can mate to the point of exhaustion.. But you just never know when they decide to fight and that can lead to missing toes/feet/tails and sometimes death..
let us know what we can do to help

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I agree with what Hdrydr31 said. There is another member here that had 3 together and just recently one baby bit the foot of one of the others. You just never know when things are going to go wrong.

Latest posts