• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New beardie owner- how to tell if they’re happy?

TinySmaugOfficial

Hatchling Dragon
I want to know if my beardie is happy. he‘s still very small, under a year old. i like picking him up and I followed all the tips for the enclosure. He likes to sit on my arms and shoulders. I’m not sure how to tell if he’s unhappy/annoyed, though. Thought I’d get some tips from fellow beardie owners. 438B0616-99D5-492D-85A6-09DF71AC77EE.jpeg This is him. He’s in good health and is very active. Loves to climb and swim. Opens his mouth a lot, not sure what that means.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I want to know if my beardie is happy. he‘s still very small, under a year old. i like picking him up and I followed all the tips for the enclosure. He likes to sit on my arms and shoulders. I’m not sure how to tell if he’s unhappy/annoyed, though. Thought I’d get some tips from fellow beardie owners.View attachment 24892 This is him. He’s in good health and is very active. Loves to climb and swim. Opens his mouth a lot, not sure what that means.
Opening his mouth is usually gaping- he's adjusting his body temp- to keep.him happy and Theo most important he correct basking temps and correct UVB- no coils for UVB basking temps need to be 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- sticks ons are for ambient temps only- as he gets older their beards change color- the more vibrant the color they are happy- he is pretty young to tell at this point- but you must have proper temps and correct UVB- those two things are the most important

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
If he's eating well, active, and seems to be comfortable with handling (not running away or struggling) then he's probably a happy beardie!

Latest posts