• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Beardie owner here

Subiedude

Hatchling Dragon
Should I move the uvb a little farther to the left because of how close he gets to it in the basking spot?
1629681121215428736671406522011.jpg

Subiedude

Hatchling Dragon
Really not an option with the decor I have right now, so I just moved the uvb farther to the right, he can't get close to it now

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Really not an option with the decor I have right now, so I just moved the uvb farther to the right, he can't get close to it now
He needs to be able to sit directly under it---

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
So still not to happy with the layout, I feel there is to much goin on, but this is what I'm working with for now View attachment 29085
I don't know anything about keeping bearded dragons, but your tank seems a bit small to me for the size of that guy. Also, a bigger tank gives you more room to fool around with decorations.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
This was my 40gal before I changed.

Attachments

• B393E8EC-E280-4287-8839-42D397034934.png
    B393E8EC-E280-4287-8839-42D397034934.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 13

Subiedude

Hatchling Dragon
I like what you did with that.. I may change mine up to look a little like that. Although now I pretty much wasted money on the decorations I got at this point, lol

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I like this set up, could you recreate it in the new tank? Build up the one side for perfect basking?
I kinda did that in my new enclosure, its not quite as built up, i used potting soil (free of ferts and “hydro balls” no vermiculite) then i mixed 10% sand 30%coco fiber, and the very top layer is reptibark chips, my dragon has never eaten it, and whenever shes accidentally gotten a piece in her mouth shes spit it out.

Attachments

• EE38E771-89C5-4822-B829-FC49069DF00E.jpeg
    EE38E771-89C5-4822-B829-FC49069DF00E.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 6

Hadenuffyet

Juvenile Dragon
Any recommendations on how to set up a good layout in this enclosed, let me know!
I’ve learned to make the basking spot wide or angled so the beardie can get heat but if they are in the mood they can get just a little hotter or a little cooler depending on their mood.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Agreed^, you want them to be able to pancake out, unfortunately…fake plants are nice if you put them in gaps and crevices, i do recommend those, but go sparingly, etsy has a lot of decor options ive gotten lots of things there(cork bark tubes, wood burls, plants, cork bark tile) if you have a forest/park around id go there and see if you can find any large pieces of wood you’re better off doing that (you’ll save alot of money) and if anyone says anything just say “im cleaning up” xD if you’re handy you can even make your own decor by screwing in pieces together, I highly recommend large pieces of Slate (it holds heat nicely and he can grind his nails) I highly recommend a LARGE cork bark tube (these are kinda expensive but are worth it as it makes for a nice hide)

Latest posts