• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Beardie mama

Kolly

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone!
I am new to the Beardie world- got my first dragon 2 months ago (approximate age 5 months, male) and I just got an adult female yesterday at a Reptile Exhibit. I have done lots of research and learning over the past couple months. They are being housed separately and I have no plans for changing this. I’ve always loved lizards and I had a few as a child but this is my first BD experience. I’m trying to figure out what type of morph my female is. She has black eyes so maybe trans? She is the absolute sweetest girl! My male is still warming up to me. He used to hiss when I first got him but now he sits for a bit on my lap and seems to like me a little lol. I attached pics of my new babes. I think my male is just a standard dragon w genetic stripe but not sure about my girl. Any thoughts? Anyhow I’m happy to be here and to learn more and share stories w other people who love their Beardies.
IMG_0267.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0266.jpeg
    IMG_0266.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0218.jpeg
    IMG_0218.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello everyone!
I am new to the Beardie world- got my first dragon 2 months ago (approximate age 5 months, male) and I just got an adult female yesterday at a Reptile Exhibit. I have done lots of research and learning over the past couple months. They are being housed separately and I have no plans for changing this. I’ve always loved lizards and I had a few as a child but this is my first BD experience. I’m trying to figure out what type of morph my female is. She has black eyes so maybe trans? She is the absolute sweetest girl! My male is still warming up to me. He used to hiss when I first got him but now he sits for a bit on my lap and seems to like me a little lol. I attached pics of my new babes. I think my male is just a standard dragon w genetic stripe but not sure about my girl. Any thoughts? Anyhow I’m happy to be here and to learn more and share stories w other people who love their Beardies. View attachment 34662
Let me have someone look at her and see if they can tell you

xp29

Bearded Dragon Egg
In the female the only visible morph is translucent, she could be het for anything.
The male is a gentic stripe but thats the only visible i can see in the pic. He too could be het for anything.
The only way to find out the hets would be to prove them out through breeding them into other dragons with know morphs.
Their are a couple morphs that can be ruled out, dunner and leatherback for instance both are dominant traits and would be displayed if they carried them. There is a recessive leatherback gene but i don't think it's common though.
Both are very beautiful dragons

Kolly

Bearded Dragon Egg
In the female the only visible morph is translucent, she could be het for anything.
The male is a gentic stripe but thats the only visible i can see in the pic. He too could be het for anything.
The only way to find out the hets would be to prove them out through breeding them into other dragons with know morphs.
Their are a couple morphs that can be ruled out, dunner and leatherback for instance both are dominant traits and would be displayed if they carried them. There is a recessive leatherback gene but i don't think it's common though.
Both are very beautiful dragons
Thank you so much!!

BeardieDaddio

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello and welcome! I am also new. The one picture posted was what my beardie looked like a week ago. Because of rehousing and stress he was barely eating and not drinking. Everything in my tank was set up as it should be regarding basking side and cool side. With a little patience and a whole lot of love he bounced back! Dubois now loves bath time and is a menace when it comes to alfalfa sprouts, collard greens and red bell peppers! He is one active fella, and he loves being handled and having his head stroked

Attachments

• IMG_1783.png
    IMG_1783.png
    8.1 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1782.jpeg
    IMG_1782.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14

Latest posts