• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Beardie LOVER!!!

slices mommy

Juvenile Dragon
My name is Misty and my baby's name is Slice! We just bought him on April 29th i'm not sure how old he was when I bought him from Petsmart. He is the greatest little thing ever. I feel like I have a newborn baby to take care of again. I have him in a little 29 gallon right now but next week when I get back from vacation i'm combining all of my fish into one tank and letting him have our 75 gallon. I built a custom rock wall for our cornsnake tank and plan on doing a desert one for my slice when I get home. He's going to be even more spoiled than he already is. :)

Attachments

• slice.jpg
    slice.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 30

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Welcome! An he sounds like he's going to have a great terrarium! Where did the name slice come from?

slices mommy

Juvenile Dragon
Well....honestly he's suppose to be my 8 year old sons pet and I have so much fun and love him so much I consider him mine. Anyway my son named him after a boxer I believe. Kimbo Slice....I seen some video's of him on youtube but have no clue who he is. He did that because my older son named one of his snakes Tyson. I'm hoping that he really is a boy when he's old enough to tell so I don't have to change his name.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Normally you can tell how old a BD is by how long it is. So break out the measuring tape and see how long he is and maybe we can gesstimate his age.

Welcome to the forum btw, cute little guy u got. I also got my Bearded dragon from petsmart, though they don't take proper care of the reptiles there, petsmart is the lesser evil of the petstore world to me.

slices mommy

Juvenile Dragon
I'll do that tomorrow....the baby is sleeping :p I had to report our local Petco because I went in there and there were 3 beardies laying flat on the bottom on the tank barely breathing, covered in poop and being walked all over by the healthy(if you call them that) beardies. At Petsmart the other day I wanted to get this one because he had a little crippled leg but I know I don't need anymore pet's. Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

slices mommy

Juvenile Dragon
BTW in the picture that's my laptop charger he's warming his belly on. I just thought it was too cute he cracks me up!!!

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
BTW in the picture that's my laptop charger he's warming his belly on. I just thought it was too cute he cracks me up!!!
Carful doing that, bearded dragons do not feel heat on their bellies and can burn themselves on battery chargers. This is why we dont use the heat rocks they sell in pet stores, you can literally melt your lizard on them.

slices mommy

Juvenile Dragon
Oh ok he wasn't on there very long that was a few weeks ago now he won't sit still unless I put him in the window sill or sit outside with him.

slices mommy

Juvenile Dragon
Normally you can tell how old a BD is by how long it is. So break out the measuring tape and see how long he is and maybe we can gesstimate his age.

Welcome to the forum btw, cute little guy u got. I also got my Bearded dragon from petsmart, though they don't take proper care of the reptiles there, petsmart is the lesser evil of the petstore world to me.
I finally measured him. He is about 11 1/2

Latest posts