• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Beardie family

BabyToby

Bearded Dragon Egg
We just bought baby Toby from PetSmart on Thursday. My 9 year old daughter has been researching and preparing for a month but now that he’s here, I’m so nervous! We bought the ZooMed Reptihabitat and I’ve attached all it came with. We also bought a giant hammock and some greenery and 25 small crickets and their keeper. He may have eaten 5 little crickets over 2 days. How on earth do you sprinkle calcium on live crickets? He doesn’t seem interested in kale or strawberries or the dry beardie food. What are we missing? Should we be leaving him alone in his new habitat while he adjusts or is it good to handle him this first week?

Attachments

• B736D39C-F603-442D-853E-D3D72EA379C5.jpeg
    B736D39C-F603-442D-853E-D3D72EA379C5.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27

BabyToby

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok this is all great and a lot. The tank is only getting to low 90’s but I can’t seem to find the long bulb, fixture and reflector. I want something now that fits our 20 gallon tank. Length is 30inches. Pet stores have the bulb but not the fixture and I just don’t have the time/ability to rig it myself. Where can I order the perfect set? Toby ran around his new home for the first time yesterday! He chased and ate 2 crickets and 1 worm. Today he got in his bowl and either drank or absorbed the water but let the cricket hop right by him. We set an extra uvb on top of the tank screen just because we had that available. Ultimately I would like a light that doesn’t sit on top of the screen. It makes interactions in the habitat quite the production!

Latest posts