• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Beardie Bowser

bellamiama

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello Everyone

I have had Bowser for 6 weeks now and he will eat from my hand, let me pet him but won't let me pick him up. His full beard comes out and hisses. What can I do to pick him up? Sometimes when I do try and pet him he runs.
Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_5304.JPG
    IMG_5304.JPG
    928 KB · Views: 44

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Don't let the beard and the hissing bother you too much.you've got a good start – just need to build on it. Start slowly – rub your finger under his chin, put two fingers under his chin and slide it down under his legs, repeat this for several days put three fingers under his chin slide it down between his legs down through to his belly don't pick him up yet just let him feel the contact. After a few days of doing this slide your hand under his belly and pick him for just a second and then put him down. Picking up far enough that his feet leave the ground but just for a second. Repeat and repeat and repeat Do all of this in the cage. Then pick him up for longer and repeat repeat repeat. Then pick him up bringing to your belly button back in the cage put him down and repeat repeat repeat. Can you get the picture? You got this!

Latest posts