• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New bearded sleeping too much?

reality 89

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi we bought a bearded dragon and all she's doing is sleeping when I say baby I mean baby like she's just out the egg we have 2 others ones they loving life but this baby isn't doing so good what can we do

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi we bought a bearded dragon and all she's doing is sleeping when I say baby I mean baby like she's just out the egg we have 2 others ones they loving life but this baby isn't doing so good what can we do
Let me get some help that's experienced

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Let me get some help that's experienced
Here's what she has asked
Where did you get them from? Do you know the true age? Please post a pic of the set up? Is it smaller than the others? Try dripping water on the snout see if it will drink like every 5 seconds very slowly

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sad to say she passed away early hours of this morning she had 15 seizers one after the other
That is terrible I am so sorry --- did you get the dragon from a breeder or a box store? The surface basking temps and UVB are extremely important for dragons starting from hatching of the eggs -

reality 89

Bearded Dragon Egg
We are from the UK n we got her from a pet shop when we got her she looked like she just hatched she was that small we tried alsorts to bring her round thinking it was burmation but sadly late last night she had all them seizers (Atadenovirus ) we have 2 other bearded dragons 1 happy 9 year old n 2 month old but doing great but this little one just didn't make it the shop has been told n sending her off ( olive ) to get tests

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We are from the UK n we got her from a pet shop when we got her she looked like she just hatched she was that small we tried alsorts to bring her round thinking it was burmation but sadly late last night she had all them seizers (Atadenovirus ) we have 2 other bearded dragons 1 happy 9 year old n 2 month old but doing great but this little one just didn't make it the shop has been told n sending her off ( olive ) to get tests
Was the other dragons from the same shop? So your having a necropsy done?

reality 89

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yeah we got groot 2 weeks before olive ( the baby one ) Groot is growing eating shedding skin playing n been a loon lol he grown

reality 89

Bearded Dragon Egg
The owner of the shop is ringing me this morning so I will find out if Groot was in same Viv n take it from there I'm not happy with what's happened to the baby no animal should have to go through that n no owner should witness that thank you for talking to me n helping me .. I'm not coping all I'm seeing when I shut me eyes is the baby having seziers il let you know what the shop says

reality 89

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just wanna tell you n warn other dragons owners about this virus ... get full history from the breeder ... symptoms ... lack of growth this slows the growth right down ... sleeping at the time ... diarrhea ... not gaining weight ... but if the dragon isn't growing at a normal rate then please please get him or her checked for this virus if caught in time the vets can do tests n give proper treatment don't wait take them straight to the vets X I'd hate anyone to see n go through this

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I just wanna tell you n warn other dragons owners about this virus ... get full history from the breeder ... symptoms ... lack of growth this slows the growth right down ... sleeping at the time ... diarrhea ... not gaining weight ... but if the dragon isn't growing at a normal rate then please please get him or her checked for this virus if caught in time the vets can do tests n give proper treatment don't wait take them straight to the vets X I'd hate anyone to see n go through this
We have a vet tech on this board that is currently doing research on the adenovirus - I will flag your post to her

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

Oh no, I am so very sorry you lost your little one this
way, it is so heartbreaking to see them go through
all of that. :-(
It sounds like your dragon was way too small to have
been shipped or sold.
My condolences to you & your family.

Tracie

Latest posts