• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New bearded dragon owner

Krisbradfield3

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all. I’m new to the forum and newer to bearded dragons aswell. I have one male leather back beardie and just today I traded my turtles for another beardie. I’m pretty sure just a regular morph nothing special but she’s a cutie. My male is about 5 months old I’d say and this female I just got is about 9 months old the guy said. I’ve been doing my research and I see you can house males with females but it says two females per male. I’m just wondering if I could ever house these two together? I’m from the fish community and I know a lot of the stuff you can find online just simply isn’t true and the only way to get good info is from groups like this. So my question is When/can I house these two together?
sorry for the darker pictures it was bed time for them lol
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi all. I’m new to the forum and newer to bearded dragons aswell. I have one male leather back beardie and just today I traded my turtles for another beardie. I’m pretty sure just a regular morph nothing special but she’s a cutie. My male is about 5 months old I’d say and this female I just got is about 9 months old the guy said. I’ve been doing my research and I see you can house males with females but it says two females per male. I’m just wondering if I could ever house these two together? I’m from the fish community and I know a lot of the stuff you can find online just simply isn’t true and the only way to get good info is from groups like this. So my question is When/can I house these two together?
sorry for the darker pictures it was bed time for them lol
View attachment 30045View attachment 30046
No unless your breeding them they should not be housed together and they should not see each other! It's going to stress both of them out-- please make sure your using a long tube fixture like zoo med for uvb's and a bright white basking bulb your going to need two of each- no colored bulbs no heat mats or rocks and no sand please-- eventually you will need a 75-120 gallon tanks for full size dragons- usually before or by a year -- the uvb's have certain distance and placement depending on the screen-- the basking temps need to be taken with a digital probe thermometer- no stick ons! The basking temps and uvb is the MOST IMPORTANT thing in the tanks they control the overall health and behavior of the dragon

Latest posts