• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New bearded dragon owner

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you I really appreciate your help!
I would get two of those- you need 3 temps in the tank 95-100 basking --- middle of tank 90's and cool side 80's during the day--- 65-75 at nite no lights dragons like it cool and dark

BeginnerBeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I would get two of those- you need 3 temps in the tank 95-100 basking --- middle of tank 90's and cool side 80's during the day--- 65-75 at nite no lights dragons like it cool and dark
Yea he is sleeping rn, it gets cold in winter so should I get heat admiter?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yea I will probably need it then Bec my room gets to 45
Yes-- and that is cold- I would try a warmer room- you would need to place the heat emitter top of tank in the center- it will keep the whole tank warm+ you also need a digital probe hygrometer- place the probe on the back center wall- it will read the whole tank-- you want the humidity 30-50% optimal around 40 or so nothing below 20 nothing over 70%

BeginnerBeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes-- and that is cold- I would try a warmer room- you would need to place the heat emitter top of tank in the center- it will keep the whole tank warm+ you also need a digital probe hygrometer- place the probe on the back center wall- it will read the whole tank
The warmest room in my house is my sisters room and she doesn’t want it near her idk why they are so cute ☺️

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Should I get a 150 or 100 watt bulb
The CHE I am not sure but w/ as cold as it gets in your room that is not good --- a tank will go to the room temp at nite of the house - so that tank will drop to 45 at nite and that is way too cold for a dragon --- you may end up w/ 2 heat emitters - your gonna haft to wait and see what temps you get w/ one and if its to cold w/ one I would advise to buy another or get one of those little elec fireplaces and run on low at nite in your room -

It is trial and error w/ basking bulbs but you MUST have the digital probe thermometer and that is going to tell you what bulb to use I would get a nice piece of decor for gradient heat the wood log is only going to give one heat you want some like this - pet smart has great decor for dragons and I use this piece in my two tanks and my dragons love them