• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New baby!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Our family just got bigger tonight. Welcome baby Lucy!
image.jpg
image.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Thanks guys! Her tail is REAL long. She's so tiny but when I went back and looked at Dexters measurements she's actually bigger than Dexter was when we brought her home! Of course we don't know if its a boy or girl yet but we are continuing with the tradition of (possibly) giving the wrong name!

I was very surprised at how mellow she was. She let me hold her for a good while when I got her home and she climbed up my arm when I tried to put her in her tank. I was worried at bed time though because she didn't go down at lights out and instead ran around the tank! Took her about 20 min to find her spot!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I forgot how CRAZY a baby dragon is! She spent pretty much of the day running back and forth through her tank and glass dancing. Eventually I put a repti-ladder in and now she hanging out on that. She ate about 10 crickets and some lettuce, pooped and had a real quick bath because she's starting to shed and I don't think she ever had a bath before. We went out for a half hour and came home to find my cat Sasha stuck to the towel under Lucy's tank with the tank just about to fall off the table! So now Sasha has a chair in front of the tank that she can sit and watch. Luckily I am home for the next 4 days and Tuesday we will get her permanent tank.

Mattalie

Juvenile Dragon
Alex still glass dances like crazy lol. And i know exactly how your cat feels lol. My new kitten is obsessed with alex!:)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Thanks, it's a little challenging trying to watch Lucy and also pay attention to Dexter, I feel the stares from across the room! Tonight I brought Dexter by the baby's tank and she got upset and latched on to my arm because she thought I was putting her in the tank! She HATES being locked up!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Okay so Lucy is a complete spaz! She eats good, poops good sometimes twice a day but when we try to get close to her she runs like crazy, yesterday she actually jumped out of her tank while I tried to get her for a bath! Yet she's very interested in watching us. She also doesn't go down to sleep at lights out. Her light goes out at 8 and I still saw her eyes open at 10:30, even though I covered her tank on the side she sleeps!

Sarah Kwiatkowski

Juvenile Dragon
It took Arizona a while to adjust to her new home, and sometimes I see Arizona awake at strange hours also. Arizona was also jumpy but she now trusts me and Lucy will trust you soon aswell.

kic90army

Juvenile Dragon
Sometimes Puff still stays up late. Ill walk through at 1030/11 and shes just laying there in the dark with her eyes open and her head resting

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
She was better last night, she went right down. She also let us hold her for a bit. We find when she is real tired she's a little more cooperative :)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Thanks Sarah! I love that she is so different than Dexter. She's very allusive but yet is very interested in what we are doing. She randomly stops in her tank and arm waves at nothing particular (Dexter has never arm waved) and when I do get to pick her up if I touch her anywhere on her face she tries to bite me (Dexter loves to be touched everywhere). I can't wait to find out what sex she really is, I think she's going to be a boy!

Latest posts