• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New baby

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Well 'Princess' ended up laying 17 eggs. I traded the eggs with a local breeder for a hatchling. His/her name is Yoyo. Any advice on hatchlings would be great. He seems to be doing pretty good. He's active, alert and eating. He's had 4 crix in the few hours i've had him. I've got him set up in a 25 gall. tank. The tank is simple just a rock and his greens dish with newspaper for substrate. My hubby finished Princess' new home and she moved in today. She's very active and eating well. She seems very happy in her new home. I will post pics of both of them as soon as my camera batteries charge.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well, you will need a good uvb, and a household bright bulb for a basking light...
Janie.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
the baby has already got a reptisun 10.0 and a houshold bulb for basking. he's extremely active. he runs along the back wall and does it over and over and over.... that's why his name is Yoyo. is this normal behavior for a hatchling?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Babies explore a lot ! Plus, remember the old addage, all that energy is wasted on the young ? ;)
Quite normal.
Janie.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
There isn't any set #, just allow him/her to get filled in 3 15 minute meals through out the day. 1st, 1 hour after all lights on, 2, 2 hours at least later, last, at least 2 hours before lights out for the day.
Janie.
calcium 5 days a week, on salad and first insect feeding of the day.
vits 2 days a week, same as above.
Janie.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No problem, I went through all of that with two ;) 5 months ago, still fresh in the ole mind !
Janie.
Keep an eye on hydration, as that little of a baby can get dehydrated easily.
mist the greens, not the dragon, and offer baths 3-4 times a week.

Water to shoulders,cloth or your hand under him, temps 90-100*F, for as long as 15 minutes to 20.

Baths will help with all the sheds he will go through. If he is eating enough, you should see almost 1 shed weekly of some part of his body.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'll have to remember that. He ate 3 crix last night but doesn't seem interested yet this morning. He's played in his salad but i know it takes them some time to get used to that. he's had it offered to him since he was hatched tho so hopefully he'll take to them fast. here's a pic of YoYo. i'll get more when my batteries are ready all they way
DSCF0790.jpg

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
2 week old poopers really haven't discovered their appetite yet. They Will eat but sporadically. Just keep offering and one day you will notice he ate them all, then watch out...lol

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Another question is a 25 gallon tank to big for him? he just seems so teeny tiny in there

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ha ! soon enough you'll be asking,, is this too small ;)
It's fine for now. Just start in on the "Prince YoYo" Palace . Oh, if you go about it the same way as Princess's, do a step by step... I loved that one, lots of imagination and creativity there !
Janie.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Her palace started off as a dresser. My hubby 'Dusty' hollowed it out and used mortor and foam board and liquid nails. It turned out pretty well.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Now that is a great way to recycle waste! Love it and would love to see pics of it.

What an ingenious way to be green. ;D

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I did a similar with Yardley's enclosure... It started out, like *mumbles something about many many decades ago* as a china cabinet, and when I stored all my fine bone, I just rehabbed it into.....this:
IMG_0046.jpg

Pretty neat, Candice made an awesome viv for Magellan, and I used a lot of her ideas for Yardley.

Janie ;)

Latest posts