• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new addition

angel

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
we ended up trading a tank n heat mat to this guy who gave us a tokay gecko and her very nice set up, no doubt we got the better end of the deal. however looking for any of u with knowledge on these geckos. we were givin a uv daylight for her but is that all she needs? any special care? any reason she needs to be handled she isnt very friendly lol but we knew tokays were like that. he said about 4 crickets a day is that it no supplements?she also has no tail it looks awful do they grow back? thanks

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i have a friend who is head over heels for tokays but let me tell you from my experience working with them, they are the nastiest little lizards ive had to handle...they are arboreal if im not mistaken too

angel

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
LOL ya she isnt very friendly, we named her spice since our dragon is Suga lol I touched her a few times but not brave enough to pick her up she turns her head with her mouth allopen like "do it again and ill eat your finger " lol , But I knew they werent friendly before we got her.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't know much about those gecks... but what in particular are you interested in finding out ?
Janie

angel

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I was wondering about temps but found that out online , I looked up a care sheet. However how to you increase the humidity in the viv?

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
angel said:
I was wondering about temps but found that out online , I looked up a care sheet. However how to you increase the humidity in the viv?
increasing humidity can come in many different ways...you can add a substrate that holds moisture without getting too moldy too quickly, you can get misters, foggers, waterfalls or you can place a moist towel over a portion of the top lid (if its screen)

angel

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
well she isnt doing great or I should say we arent doing great lol She will be leaving us tomorrow as she is just too aggressive for us Like my boyfriend refers to her as the spawn of satan she lunges off the glass whenever we put our hand in to put food in or water or clean and is determined to bite me. She is very pretty to look at when she isnt gaping at you with her evil grin.
We have opted for leopard gecko and welcomed a baby into our home today a young male absolutly gorgeous , we handled him a small bit today but giving him time to adjust we will hopefully be adding his mate shortly and will have pics up shortly.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
how old is the male leo ? With Leos, you should wait until both are around 2 years old before mating..
Also, you need to make sure both are conditioned for breeding.
you will need two small enclosures, the 2 gallon cricket keepers will do fine... A damp hide, and a calcium 'plate' for both...
Both need to have nice fat tails... like :
IMG_0090.jpg

Both will also need to be quarentined for at least 60 days from each other, and make sure to run a fecal for any parasites.

Once these are done, and both are over 2 years in age, then you can house them togeather, until you see the male mounting the female. Separate them.

Around 2 weeks after that, you can examine the females belly, looking for an ovoid on her lower belly. This most likely is an egg. Give her a deep damp hide, that is warm ( around mid 80's) and this is where she will lay.
Janie

angel

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Great to know we were told they can live multiple per enclosure there were 5 in there when we picked him , I think he is about 3 months , will they fight if housed together? we have an extra enclosure so we could keep them seperate. they told us it was male but we tried to sex him but wasnt a distinct bump as they say to look for thinking he might be too young too sex 100 percent. if it is a female can multiple females {2} be housed together?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh yes... females can indeed be housed happily ,together. I have 6 in a 55 gallon currently... No problems ;) However I am still observing their behaviors.
3 are 2 years + 3 are 6-8 months . The older ones have their hides, and so do the younger ones...
If you do decide on several females, they should be housed together, with plenty of hides, wet and dry, for them to choose from. You will also need to have a constant supply of calcium available for them to lick up, whenever they want to. Sort of like a salt lick for cattle/horses.

That and a water dish, cleaned daily, and refilled, you should have no issues.

Janie.

angel

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Well spice left us yesterday, the store we get all our saltwater fish and stuff from has a lizard section with a huuuuge rainforest room in it {for display} but they keep stuff in there like finches , trees, a pond, a few other lizards that are meant for that climat it really nice so she will be living in there after her quarantine and not resold she was too mean and grouchy for our liking lol but think she will be happy there. We had a ton of people email wanting to adopt her after i posted her but just didnt feel comfortable sending her off to yet another home as she obviously had it hard with 2 owners previous and she arrived with no tail {thinking the kids grabbed her by it} that the jungle exhibit seemed alot more relaxing for her noone grabbing her or banging on glass she has a ton of room to run plus we get to see her from time to time if i can find her in there lol.
On the other note our new Leo is doing great so handsome , ate a few crickets yesterday we have yet to decide on a name but the boyfriend is leaning towards Trotter :-\ he is a BIG eagles fan lol. bought some more hidding rocks for him the temps seem good he is loving the area his heat mat sits. Will get pics as soon as possible.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You made a good choice. Tokays aren't for everyone. Their temperment is typically pretty mean and nasty, they're not a friendly lizard. With her previous travels and trials, it's time she found that perfect place. So good job!!!!

Latest posts