• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New 40 Gallon Enclosure

iViziiFy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello guys I'm new here...anyways. I just upgraded my bearded dragons enclosure to a 40 gallon and i want to completely redesign his enclosure. I have nothing in it at the moment besides the necessities. I will be putting ground walnut shells in there soon( I have done my research properly and have found out that this is what I want as his substrate). Anyways I need some decorating ideas and would like some help so suggest some cool ideas, links, or post your own enclosures. I'm willing to spend any amount on the decor. Thanks please reply !

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
3.jpg

Decor should be kept simple, BDs don't need or want elaborate setups, just gives feeders places to hide.

Unsure how well you have done your research, or if the source of your researched info is "Pet Stores", but crushed walnut shell is not a safe substrate. Here is a really good example as to why not ... http://mrskingsbioweb.com/beardeddragngrossanatomy.htm .
My favorite quote on the subject ...
Crushed walnut shell is dangerous and should only be used to clean up oil spills. This substrate is NOT digestable and if too much of it is eaten it will cause impaction. I have seen this occur first hand with reptiles ranging from lizards to tortoises. Stay away from this product please.

Author: Podunk

How many dragons are you keeping in the 40 Gal?

Good Luck

iViziiFy

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have 1 male bearded dragon in the enclosure. By research i have talked to close family friends about the substrates they use and they have used this substrate a long time with multiple dragons and haven't had any problems and i feed him outside just to be safe.

Latest posts