• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New 1 month old dragon won't eat.

Jay95

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got him 2 days ago, He won't eat. He's in good health though he's very active, and alert, I've been feeding him reptaboost everyday to get something in him and kickstart his appetite back up but so far no luck, He doesn't have stress marks or a black beard so im not sure if its relocation stress unless that doesn't show physically, Anyways is this normal, should he be eating again soon?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got him 2 days ago, He won't eat. He's in good health though he's very active, and alert, I've been feeding him reptaboost everyday to get something in him and kickstart his appetite back up but so far no luck, He doesn't have stress marks or a black beard so im not sure if its relocation stress unless that doesn't show physically, Anyways is this normal, should he be eating again soon?
The most important thing in the tank is the lighting --- basking temps 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons they are inaccurate-- UVB NO coils --- those two things control the over all health of your dragon -- relocation stress will effect their appetite but they should not completely quit eating --- if you need help w/ getting any thing I have mentioned please ask - what size is the tank ? If you want post pics of the tank and set up --

Jay95

Bearded Dragon Egg
The most important thing in the tank is the lighting --- basking temps 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons they are inaccurate-- UVB NO coils --- those two things control the over all health of your dragon -- relocation stress will effect their appetite but they should not completely quit eating --- if you need help w/ getting any thing I have mentioned please ask - what size is the tank ? If you want post pics of the tank and set up --

Hey, Sorry idk how i forgot to mention the temps, The basking spot is a perfect 105 to 110, and i have a reptisun T5 UVB, And i think today he ate one cricket

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey, Sorry idk how i forgot to mention the temps, The basking spot is a perfect 105 to 110, and i have a reptisun T5 UVB, And i think today he ate one cricket
Where is the T 5? Top of screen or inside the tank? It is very important for proper placement- is your screen a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide holed type? The basking temps are being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer?

Jay95

Bearded Dragon Egg
Where is the T 5? Top of screen or inside the tank? It is very important for proper placement- is your screen a fine mesh like a screen door or a wide holed type? The basking temps are being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer?

As i sent that to you he started eating!, he ate 2 crickets big improvement, and yeah theres no mesh i have it hanging at the top looking down it has a reflector and stuff, And i have a thermo gun i use.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
As i sent that to you he started eating!, he ate 2 crickets big improvement, and yeah theres no mesh i have it hanging at the top looking down it has a reflector and stuff, And i have a thermo gun i use.
As long as the distance is 12-15 inches w/ basking decor directly underneath you are good - basking temps are good so he will acclimate to his tank - let him get used to the surroundings --- make sure you are also feeding salads -- I would get him some BSFL to add to the tops of those salads feed as many as you want it will draw him to the bowl - you will need a glass or ceramic bowl so the insects and worms cant get out - if you need websites for worms / insects let me know I will post here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Latest posts