• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need to order more?

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I've been feeding off some of the roaches I bought in feb. I have a ton of tiny ones but my adults and the in between ones look to be getting low. How many should I order to get my colony big enough to feed 2 dragons and 2 gex? And what sizes should I get?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I tend to get anywhere from 340 mixed to 500 mixed. lately have ordered 1 of each to reup the colonies I lost this winter... I have 4 dragons, and 9 geckos... lol...
Hope that helps out !
Janie

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
dubias?

i'd order no less than 100 of various sizes. 200-300 if you need to continue to feed from your stock for the following couple of months.

When you feed the larger roaches, feed males only next time. your ratio of females can outnumber your males 3 to 1 and breed prolifically.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ladyknite said:
When you feed the larger roaches, feed males only next time. your ratio of females can outnumber your males 3 to 1 and breed prolifically.

I think that's how my colony gets so big. I rarely, if ever, feed adult females.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have 71 females... 9 males...
Can someone send me some more boys please ?
Janie

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Janie, wished this thread existed this last winter. I got rid of a huge colony. Couldn't find anyone locally so I exterminated them. I had a 20 gal tall tank full of them but none of my dragons would eat them so they were going crazy. Grandkids didn't like sleeping in the room with them. Said they kept them awake. lol

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
send me some...oh wait stupid FL law said no. I just want a couple to see if they like them and if I can handle them.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
staylor said:
send me some...oh wait stupid FL law said no. I just want a couple to see if they like them and if I can handle them.

I think I remember seeing where someone lived relatively close to you in southern Jaw-ja. Maybe take one or more of your beardies on a day trip with you to find out. ;)

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was planning a trip to see that someone. That someone is only 2 hours away. Just need to find the time, we are about to move into a bigger place so it will be after the move. First we have to find a place, pack, move and unpack...ha ha I am such a procrastinator...our lease is up the end of this month, yes in 15 days and we just started looking yesterday. Good thing our property manager is nice and said going month to month is fine.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I do feed off the males but my hubby gets in there and messes stuff up. He just doesn't listen sometimes. Yoyo won't touch crix now so all he's been eating is roaches. He said he'll get me some more since he fed off some of the females. How long does it take for a nymph to mature? And how long do the adults live?

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
corrine said:
And how long do the adults live?

Are we talking about Dubias? I can't remember....and it doesn't appear to be mentioned in this thread. If so, I believe it's around 8 to 10 months.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Did it again.. meant Tom... Not Brian.
Discords being legal in fla, Gina.
Janie

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looked into it and FL law says no roaches at all. Stupid FL