• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need some recommendations

SouthernDissolution

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Sooooo...My girlfriend works at Petsmart...(I know, they suck)and when I went to visit her at work today I noticed there is this GORGEOUS little beardie thats kinda the runt of the bunch...the poor little guy or gal is getting bullied on constantly and finally as a result, his tail got nipped about an inch up. Now anytime an animal is sick or loses a digit or a piece of a tail (for reptiles that can't grow them back) they usually isolate him/her and adopt them out privately.

Im getting to the point now, bear with me. Me being the beardie loving nut I am, I couldn't help but feel extremely sorry for the little guy/gal. So I go tomorrow to talk to the Petcare manager for adopting the little fella.

My "recommendations" I'm after....I NEED NAMESSSS LOL

I GOT A NEW ADDITION ON THE WAY! WOO HOO! LOL

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah, I'm not a fan of big pet stores, no disrespect 2 your lady. Improper housing, low temps & poor diets create unhealthy animals. That's killer that ur stepping up & saving the little one. Dillinger got u hooked huh? That's cool! lol

SouthernDissolution

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yes sir! Ole Dillinger opened up a whole new world to me. And no disrespect felt here man. I hate Petstupid myself. So does she LOL. As soon as I get all this straightened out, I'll post pics. It took me a few weeks to name Dillinger, I can only imagine what it'll take to name this one LOL

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Naming them isn't ez, my girlfriend renamed 1 of my dragons. Boss Hog now has an AKA, it's Hugger. He digs my chick like crazy, actually all of them are more chill with her than they are with me.

SouthernDissolution

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Everyone loves my Dillinger, but he doesn't love everyone. My mother comes and see's him all the time (more than she visits me LOL). He's nut's over me, I actually believe he can recognize my voice, and he's crazy over my mom. He's not so thrilled with Natalie (the g/f). And he does NOT like my dad LOL

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They're a trip, 4 sure. I'll let ya know if I come up with any names, congrats on the new dragon & keep us posted.

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well the only name that comes to mind atm is NIPPY ;)
I usually wait a few days with my pets to see their temperament and personality before choosing a name. Post some pics after he/she is home, it may help with the names

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I think Petsmart in the US is the same as Pets at Home here in the UK and I would never recomend anyone to get an animal from them. They allowed one baby dragon to basically starve to death, and they have another in the store just now that has had some sort of operation on it's beard as it has stitches from ear to ear & they are still selling him at full price in the shop. Their animal husbandry & reptile knowledge leaves a lot to be desired & they really dont like taking advice from anyone. A guy I know who has over 30 years experience of reptile keeping eas having a look in their store out of cutiosity one day & the guy who is ment to be the reptile expert in store started to tell him how to care for the beardies - his advice Never give them Crickets, Feed them Only Mealworms, Dont need Greens, Give Bowl of either Apple Juice or Orange Juice that you buy from the supermarket for yourself?? Is it any wonder the animals are often ill when you get them home....

Fliehigh

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Never give them Crickets, Feed them Only Mealworms, Dont need Greens, Give Bowl of either Apple Juice or Orange Juice that you buy from the supermarket for yourself?? Is it any wonder the animals are often ill when you get them home....

Holly:

Mealworms......Really?
No Greens........I don't understand!
Citrus Fruit.......umm This will kill a dragon, Citrus is toxic to them.

I am surprised they live long enough to be purchased.

kaykayy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
it sucks that theyre not adopting him out yet, they clearly dont have the experience and knowlege to even keep them in the shop else they wud know to take the runt of the litter out as its so common for the runt to get picked on....fingers crossed ur be able to bring him home asap...

i had difficulty naming all 3 of mine but heres a few suggestions for ya:
spike
dex
spark/sparky
giz/gizmo
sandy
haribo-love this one
eno/neno
turbo-if hes fast
cheech
cleo
darwin
dino
ziggy
jax
loki
marley
pepper
nugget
hope this helps :)

DougT

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Just my 2 cents worth, since we received a pair as Christmas gifts from our son's first clutch I had to name 1 Jesus(pronounced Hey Zues) and the smaller 1 of course Littleone and a year later I'm sure they both know they're names but not so little anymore LOL

Latest posts