• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need some help.

JoeyyNY

Hatchling Dragon
So I have 2 beardies (Male, Female) They always been together since they been 2 months now they are over a year old and I started to notice the male hasn't been active, Hasn't been eating unless I hand feed him and he also has gotten darker and spends all day in his hide bopping his head. They are currently in a 55gal tank but I'm working on a tank that's going to be over 150gal. He also has some dark streaks on his tummy. Is this normal?

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds like you might want to separate them - the female may be dominating him

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yep separate them. When my male got around a year old he started with the head bobbing. When he sees the female there is nothing we can do to distract him from her he is determined to get to her. We never let them get close to each other unless there is a tank wall blocking them.

JoeyyNY

Hatchling Dragon
I gotcha, I mean when I take one of them out of the viv the other starts going crazy scratching the glass and then stop when I put the beardie back in.. ( Happens when I take out the female and same happens when I take out the male.)

JoeyyNY

Hatchling Dragon
Gizmo has been more active and eating tho and I haven't separate them. Gizmo's beard also has turned black
uploadfromtaptalk1441935193427.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He's real cute! My tanks are on a shelf with one on top of the other so they don't see each other all day long. My boyfriend will take the girl out and put her in a window and as soon as the boy see's her he starts the black beard and head bob from inside his tank. He's even done it to my chameleon whose cage is right next to his tank.

Latest posts