• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need some advice please <3

Kayla

Hatchling Dragon
I have a 6 month old female bearded dragon. She usually eats 15-20 crickets a day and a few locusts as well as one bowl, sometimes two of salad.
Her basking spot is 110 and her cool end is 80

Over the last 4 days she has been in her hide sleeping almost all day, her hide is under her basking light but it's made of wood and stays quite cool
ANYWAY! Now on to my question
Do I let her sleep, or do I wake her up?
Brumation? Ah help!
If I don't wake her, she sleeps all day and won't even come out to eat, and pokes her head out occasionally to see what's going on but other than that no activity really
If I do wake her, she has a cuddle with me for a minute, she eats as soon as she's warmed up, walks around for a little bit and then goes back to bed
What do I do?
Any help or advice would he really helpful, sorry for rambling on!
-Michala x x x

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, if she doesnt leave the hide unless by you. Let her sleep, you can turn her lights completely off if you would like. Try to maintain temps in the 70's as a ambient. CHE with a thermostat will accomplish this.

Kayla

Hatchling Dragon
Thank you! When I woke up this morning At about 10 she was up and about, she stayed awake until about 2 o'clock when I fed her and she had some salad, I went downstairs to put the rest of the salad in the fridge, came back up and she pulled all of her blanket out of her hide, and went in it to sleep.
So I'm just gonna leave her for the rest of today, I'm just glad she's eating

Latest posts