• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need info regarding edible leaves..

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I found this on the net regarding collard greens.
Collard greens are various loose-leafed cultivars of Brassica oleracea (Acephala Group), the same species that produces cabbage and broccoli. The plant is grown for its large, dark-colored, edible leaves and as a garden ornamental, mainly in Brazil, Portugal, the Southern United States, many parts of Africa, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Spain and in Kashmir. They are classified in the same cultivar group as kale and spring greens, to which they are extremely similar genetically. The name collard is a shortened form of the word colewort ("cabbage plant").

I am however not sure

Is collard
a leafy vegetable?
a herb?
or a garden plant?

Might explain why I'm having trouble finding it over here . . . looking in the wrong places.

Also Endives, are all variants good?
Got this info

Endive (curled, deeply cut, leaf types): Green-curled: Lorca, Ruffec (resists cold and wet conditions), Salad King. For trial: Large Green-curled White-ribbed, White Curled, Frisan, Wallonne Frisan (resistant to low temperatures), De Meaux, Crispy Green (heat resistant).
"Baby" endive: Tosca. For trial: Galia.
This is called Endive here

Belgian endive or French endive: These are other names for witloof or witloof chicory. See seperate Witloof file.
We call it witloof, is it OK to feed?

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Collards are a leafy green/veggie. I didn't know of other variants of endive. I know it's the same as chicory so I would think that the witloof should be ok since it's chicory.

Latest posts