• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need help!!!!

Chubbyb

Hatchling Dragon
Hey guys hope everyone is doing well... I just need some help.. Yesterday I went to get some crickets for nyla and I had seen that the container I keep the crickets in was completely infested with ants so I took out the crickets and cleaned out then container and then moved it out side.. I go this morning and same thing happens its infested with ant, So many I can see ants carrying peaces of crickets with them... Is there anything I can do to stop this??I have the crickets in a 50 gallon plastic bin..

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
Do you have problems with ants in and around your house? It may be easiest to address that with some sort of pest control. Other than that, I would think you would have to put a ring of Vaseline or something like that to keep them out. But me personally, I would be more concerned with why there are ants in my house and fix it that way.

Chubbyb

Hatchling Dragon
I had bombed my house last week to kill all of the bugs around my house and I have no idea where theses ants came from but what does the vasicilene do? Should I out it around the outside.bottom of the bin?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
A thin layer of Vaseline simply makes a smooth Vertical surface too slippery for most bugs to climb, never tried it for Ants though, works good for roaches.

Latest posts