• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need help with names.

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ok I just rescued 2 beardies from someone who was a bad breeder They were only allowed to eat ants when they were taken outside (female is ok but make is really malnourished) and they eeee kept together so the boy was intent on leaving his genes in the works.
I don't believe in keeping names for animals this mistreated and with everything I'm at a loss for badges.
Boy is orange with a red beard and they claim he is a german giant, wer will see.
Girl is citrus yellow but still stressed so alot of dark.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Stupid breeder! Just ants! I hope they pull through this. :( It saddens me.

Girl: Hope?
Boy: Georgie

RaidenMarshall

Hatchling Dragon
That's just wrong :( hope they get better.

As for names hmmm, I like themes, so I'd do something like Eros and Psyche! Bout the cutest love story of two awesome Greek myth. figures!

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Girl pigged out on crickets today but the boy didn't touch them. He is the one I'm really worried about. Girl looks healthy but might be gravid, don't feel any eggs but they have been together for a month and she ius digging around more than my other girls.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Aw well first off well done u for ur rescue. Animals count on ppl like u to save them from bad homes. :) if they just had ants then he may not relise tye crix r food they mite scare him. If he bin badly treated. As for names erm. how bout Arura for a girls and Emmet for a boy ? Hope they settle in ok n u can get them vak to a full bill of health :)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Give him time? He'll come to realize the crickets are the better feeder than ants. Meanwhile, try giving them a green mix of turnip greens, collard greens, mustard greens, escarole, if you haven't. I hope the boy pulls through. Also, check for parasites and worms by having a fecal done. You just don't know with rescues. Have a lay bin ready for the girl. She may need it. Don't forget supplements and vitamins. :D

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Think Aura for the girl and Goomba for the boy, atleast for now. Good news aster taking Goomba outside for some sun he came in and started running around and checking out his new home. He still hadn't eaten but give him time. Aura had dug up the entire corner looking for more crickets, lol she doesnt realize feeding is done out of the home.

Honchess

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Our rescue dragon had only been given dried crickets! But he took to veggies right away. He didn't seem to recognize real food, but the wiggling mealworms caught his eye after a minute. Maybe try those for your male.

As for the name--I like to name according to personality. And even though I've only had our guy for a couple or three weeks I already know they have TONS of personality. We call our 'General Roo' it just fits him. "The General" keeps tabs on everything that goes on in the room! He is In Control.

I hope your two begin to thrive.
Vondi, the Honchess

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Our rescue dragon had only been given dried crickets! But he took to veggies right away. He didn't seem to recognize real food, but the wiggling mealworms caught his eye after a minute. Maybe try those for your male.

As for the name--I like to name according to personality. And even though I've only had our guy for a couple or three weeks I already know they have TONS of personality. We call our 'General Roo' it just fits him. "The General" keeps tabs on everything that goes on in the room! He is In Control.

I hope your two begin to thrive.
Vondi, the Honchess

General Roo. I like that! :D

Petsotics

Bearded Dragon Egg
I had a female named Jazmine (Jazzy) and the males name was Draco, cliche, yes, but in my opinion it's still a classic. :D
I hope to get more BD,s soon. I want babies this time so I could raise them. Jazzy and Draco I got them as adults and would like to experience raising them. :)

Thanks

Latest posts