• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need help Setting up - Just got my bearded dragon a bigger tank

Stevencapffa

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just got my bearded dragon a bigger tank however the kit i got dent appear to have everything i need and/or seems to be to small. Can anyone help me out.

Do i need a new bigger UVB bulb?
Is the heating light ok? i am putting platform in so he can get closer to it.
Do i need to up an under tank heater in?
Can i up the under tank heater and still use the reptile turf?
IMG_8377.JPG

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
The UVB light should cover 2/3 of the tank so yes a bigger one would be better. Get him closer to the basking light and get some digital probe thermometers in there so you can accurately measure the heat. You need one on the cool side and one right on the basking spot. I personally don't like UTH, they heat the glass where they are placed but not much else. Your dragon seems to really like that bowl :)

I don't think the tank is too small. I think you could use some of the vertical space too with some hammocks or ledges he can climb to.

Trim the carpet just a bit so that feeders don't crawl under it. I had that happen a few times, I was so happy Dexter ate all her food then I went to clean the tank and found about 20 worms under the carpet!

Latest posts