• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need help quick!!!!

Rich Garbarino

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So our male has been acting weird the last couple days, not eating, not very active, I know its brumation time but both our lizards have been active. He also let's me handle hum with little fuss which is not normal for him. He's also been looking stressed, black throat and tail. Just now he looked not very well so I picked him up. When I did his mouth was slightly open and I could see lots of liquid. When I went to put him down I noticed some drip out of his mouth. Then I tipped him and blood and liquid drained out, see the pics. Then he kinda coughed, more came outing now he looks still. I think I'm gonna lose him. No local specialty vets around. Any idea what to do or what could be the cause?

Attachments

• Image 1.jpeg
    Image 1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
  • Image 2.jpeg
    Image 2.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 39

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
First of all, begin performing CPR on him. I'll post other info below, but that should be your top priority.

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
It sounds like he might have aspirated. Clear all the fluid from his lungs by tilting him upside down like you would a teapot. Beardies who have aspirated will usually have a lot of fluid coming out of their mouth and nose and will have black beards. Vomiting blood can be caused by liver issues.

Rich Garbarino

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I think you're right about aspiration which seems to have led to a respiratory infection.. About a week ago in the bath he drank quite a bit of water, few days after that is when we noticed a difference in his behavior, not eating and black throat and tail.

Latest posts