• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need help identifying tail rot please

WilliamL

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi guys, I need some help identifying if my beardie has tail rot. I noticed it about a week ago and have been keeping an eye on it. It doesn't seem to be spreading but I'm not sure if it would in that time frame if it is tail rot. If anyone can offer any insight into whether it is or not tail rot I'd really appreciate it.

Attachments

• 20190106_141139.jpg
    20190106_141139.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 37

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Just keep an eye on it. Could just be normal tail darkening. The further away from the body heat, the darker the tail gets. Tail rot would shrivel and be dry looking.

JasperMoon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
My Jasper’s tail looks just like that & I thought the same thing, but it turns out it’s just his normal coloring. So I would guess yours isn’t tail rot either.

Iangie

Bearded Dragon Egg
When it's tail rot the end of the tail is hard, the rest of the tail will be softer. If you feel down the tail you can usually feel it change.

Latest posts