• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

NEED HELP ASAP! CONCERNED!

goofy4beardies

Bearded Dragon Egg
i have 2 baby bearded dragons, most likely less than 5 or 6 months old. they share a cage for now and the lighting is regulated. however one of my beardies has been having some concerning issues which include, loss of appetite, eyes closed 95% of the time, lethargic, and loosing weight. The other beardie has no known problems and is acting "normal". I am very concerned. I have concidered "pre-shed" and "brumation" as a possibility as to what is wrong but now i am unsure. Please help!

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I'm sure Germ (or someone) will give you a much better response, including links. That being said, the very first thing you can do is separate those dragons...IMMEDIATELY. Bearded Dragons are not communal animals. What is most likely happening to your baby is, it's simply not getting proper food or lighting. These creatures will literally fight for the best spots. Survival of the fittest comes to mind. Brumation at such a young age is possible, but very uncommon. With most Pogona Vitticeps, brumation doesn't occur until after their "first winter" meaning they would have to be over a year old.

Trust me, separate them. You'll be glad you did. A 30 gallon aquarium would be sufficient at 5-6 months of age.

Edit;
While they may not be as pretty as what was presented to me, I strongly suggest you check out the two links below. I'm not sharing these to "take a side". It's simply to open your eyes to what will happen if you keep your beardies together.

http://www.beardeddragonforum.com/i...earded-dragon-co-habitation-a-good-plan.5172/

Like I said before, I can't stress how important it is to not house these lovely creatures together. I have an injured dragon myself, because I didn't originally heed this simple suggestion.

Best of luck to you, and welcome to BDF!

goofy4beardies

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you that helps. I will go to the pet store today to get everything for another tank. I just hope its not too late! I'd hate for anything to happen to the little guy :(

Latest posts