• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need Advise

babyb

Hatchling Dragon
I know that dragons go thro a hibernation Period but im not sure exactly what the signs are. I have a basking area with a log and the log leads up to a hammock. I have a double dome for the lights so his basking and UVB bulbs are in one end of the tank and his heat bulb is on the other end but that is only used when it gets really cold. it is a 35 gal tank and the temp in basking area is good. My beardie sleeps a lot which is a sign, He don't eat as much as he was but he is still eating and same with drinking but what I am wondering about is he sleeps all day but he sleeps in the cooler area of his tank he will not get in the warm area hardly at all and usually when he does its because after I soak him I put him on his hammock. Is it good for them to stay in the cool area or do they need the heat?

babyb

Hatchling Dragon
Ok I just looked at a website and My dragon is showing EVERY sign of Brumation but this website says it is VERY rare for a dragon UNDER 1 year old to go into brumation period So could it still be that or could there be something else wrong?

katiehenderson

Bearded Dragon Egg
They will naturally try to brumate whenever winter comes, but due to age you shouldnt let your beardie brumate as he/she wont have enough fat stored to survive as it all goes towards growth. Even if you keep the temperatures constant they can still tell when its winter and will be sleepy and eat less. All you have to do through it is keep offering food everyday, keep cuddling and keep giving baths, keep the usual routine going but if you are worried its something else you can order a poo test from your local exotic vets or PALs :)

Latest posts