• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Nail cutting

sheath

Hatchling Dragon
We have had over dragon for about 6 weeks, he's maybe 4 months old (?)
And he's been digging at his rock alot (not a real rock) Could his nails be bothering. Him??? Or is this just a new behavior thing??? He also has never slept in the hole of the rock before and the past 2 nights he has...

He's 10 inches long if that helps on age...

He has newspaper down because I washed his carpet.
uploadfromtaptalk1409682530537.jpg

lyndz

Hatchling Dragon
My jeb scratches at his fake rock all the time.. They dig out in the wild it's natural, I got him a "play sand" pit (just a big tub full of reptile sand)

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I tried a sand pit with both of mine - neither wanted anything to do with it

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I did a sand box with Dexter too, she seemed ambivalent to it. Same with putting sand in the whole bottom of her tank.

I waited until she was 15" before I started playing around with her and sand.

sheath

Hatchling Dragon
I'll. Wait a little longer then... hes about 12 inches now... is there anything else they could dig in that's safer.?

Latest posts