• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Upset Beardie

Ashytree

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi!
I am new to this forum because I have just gotten a beardie! :) I have wanted to get one for some time now, and Christmas made it possible. My dragon is a baby leatherback and, when I first got it, it (I haven't sexed my dragon yet) was really sweet and did the adorable hand waving for hours on end. Thinking back, I think it was scared. :/ I gave it plenty of alone time and slowly pet it for about ten seconds a day after three days of only feeding it. Though I did sit near the terrarium so that it'd be familiar with me.

After a few days it started glass surfing and running around the tank. I had proper heating/light, but it seemed really stressed out. I have done everything to help, but not too much, though little progress has been made. I asked for a beardie because I wanted a friend so that my room wouldn't be a sad place to be. I REALLY don't want to mess this up. My poor beardie is starting to turn black from stress and I don't know what to do. Please help!! :'(

Ashytree

Bearded Dragon Egg
I forgot to add, before the time to edit ran out, that I was reading to it and after about five minutes it leaped off it's perch and started scratching at the glass at me. Not sure what was going on I slowly placed my hand beside it. Nothing happened. I stroke it's back a few times, it didn't mind. My finger twitched and it ran away. Is it mad or scared?