• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

my setup

shelby galloway

Hatchling Dragon
hot side has a 75W heat bulb the middle is his UVB bulb then on the cool side there is a 40W bulb started him off in a 20 tall with reptile carpet them bought a 40 put the old reptile carpet in and added calcium sand around the naked spots. Also added the huge piece of wood with plants witch he LOVES!
Well i hope yall like it
spike tank.jpg

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Both the UVB & basking Bulb should be side by side so they both will cover the Basking Spot. I do not see any thermometers, do you have any idea what your temps actually are? What is needed to measure your temps are digital thermometers with a probe\sensor that can be placed\attached directly at the specific spots that you want to measure & they are Directly at the Basking Spot (110F) & the coolest area of the enclosure (80-85F). Proper temps are imperative for the proper digestion of it's food & it's general well being. A bulb on the cooler side is generally not necessary, as it may not allow for a proper heat gradient from the Basking Spot & Cool Side.

Calci- Sand is a very dangerous substrate & should not be used for BDs. Also a BD less than 10" long from nose to tip of tail should not be on a particle substrate of any kind. Calci-sand will clump when moistened as it would be during the digestion process, posing an extremely high, possibly deadly impaction risk. Here is an X-Ray of a BD with a Calci-Sand Impaction, looks more like a Rock with Legs than a living Creature.

impaction01.jpg
Example of a Basic Setup: Showing the recommended Basic requirements, proper Temperatures & the points at which they should be measured from, in Red & the optional choices that are actually used in this particular example enclosure, in Black.

BDsetup-1.jpg
A few good links to help get you started ...

Basic BD Care Sheet - A Place To Start

Bearded Dragon --- Exclusive Care Info Library

Beautiful Dragons Nutrition Chart

Is Bearded Dragon Co-habitation a good plan?

How To Sex A Bearded Dragon

The mentioned issues should be rectified asap in order to ensure the continued health & wellbeing of your new pet.

shelby galloway

Hatchling Dragon
i was told by every website calcium carbonate sand was the only safe sand that it would digest in there system

i had a thermometer but i broke it the basking area was at 96 and i put the 40 on the cool side cause we would never go over there so i figured it was to cool

well i am off work tomorrow i will be taking it out SO AGGRAVATING lol i wasted money on that what do you suggest i put in there

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i was told by every website calcium carbonate sand was the only safe sand that it would digest in there system
If the websites that you are visiting are telling you that, I would find better informed websites\forums to get my info from, like this one ;).

Calci-Sand is a dangerous substrate & ANY reputable Forum or Website will inform you of that. Strained Children's Washed Play Sand is a much better\safer particle substrate & the only particle substrate that I would recommend for BDs greater than 10" long. I have been using it for 11 years now, for all my BDs larger than the minimum safe length of 10", without any issues whatsoever.

well i am off work tomorrow i will be taking it out SO AGGRAVATING lol i wasted money on that what do you suggest i put in there
Paper towel, repti-carpet, textured Ceramic tile, newspaper, butcher's paper, slate, textured lino, textured vinyl deck flooring are only a few of the viable alternatives, there are many others. As mentioned earlier, once it is big enough, Strained Children's Washed Play Sand is also an option if you really want a particle substrate.

Please get your temps in order, guessing is not an option if you want a healthy BD & for it to live a long, healthy life. While it is young and in it's formative time, this is imperative & should be continued throughout it's life.

By the way, Please, Please do not get your care & husbandry info from any Pet Stores, they are generally the absolute worst source of info & quite often have killed or seriously impeded many BD's health with it.

Kashiya

Bearded Dragon Egg
I use slate tile and just fille the cracks with sand to make it look more natural and it looks amazing and like their natural terrain also absorbs heat for their tummies. You can pick up cracked tiles for free at hardware stores I got mine Home Depot and only paid for one 2$ the tile files their nails too

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 50

Latest posts