• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My sand question

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I've seen many times that "washed" play sand is fine to use. My question is, just how does one wash sand? To me, the term usually includes water. It confuses me. I've been using regular old "quarry" sand since both my dragons got to 10" (maybe even slightly before with Aussie), and, side from her getting a little backed up and needing a bath to "go", I have had zero problems. Can anyone (besides the obvious NO NO NO person) please shred some light on how to wash sand?

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Okay, you might wanna write this down. I'm about to be highly sarcastic, so be forewarned.
Step 1: Go to Lowes or Home Depot.
Step 2: Ask them to show you where the childrens play sand is kept.
Step 3: Buy a bag that says that it's washed childrens play sand.
Step 4: Bring it home and sift it lots to get out the bigger pieces.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
You can find a 50lb bag for under $5. Not sure it is worth it to avoid it and go with the mystery sand.

Latest posts