• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My new resident

sgt. amoth

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member

Well, I think that I've done some kind of rescue. Ok she's healthy, very active she eats well and already laid a clutch according to her previous owner. But I was afraid when I saw the tank she was living in, a really small fishtank (I simply don't like the use of fishtanks for reptiles, it's not optimal for air circulation) and she was separated from two others so she had a VERY small space to live. According to the previous owner she's one year and a half which I can't believe because of her small size, she's not skinny but she's pretty small, 163grams on the scale yesterday, She should be twice this weight for her age. Another thing, she's pretty shy and she freaks out when you try to manipulate her, I tried when I met the previous owner, I don't how he managed to do that, I won't try to disturb her for the next weeks.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good luck! She definitely sounds small. Keep us posted with how she progresses.

Oh...and congratulations!

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Congrats

Sure she will thrive in your care. You say she has already laid a clutch . . . did she get the proper nourishment and vit's during and after? That could also be why she weighs so little. Anyway just a thought.

Keep us posted . . . . and some pics would be great, WE LOVE PICS here

sgt. amoth

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
The owner told me that he gave her Calcium and vitamins but I have a big doubt about the fact that he did it the proper way. I also doubt about the efficiency of his uvb tube, like I've said before, his setup was awful. She's pretty small for some reason, mainly bad care and lack of space I would say. She's not skinny but she's tiny, as small and light as my other female when she was like 5-6 months and she's supposed to be 1 and a half year, she has thin arms and legs, thin tail, her "beard" doesn't seem fully developped.

I'm going to monitor her weight progress, she's more and more confortable with this new environnement. More pictures to come.

Latest posts