• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My new friend, Rango...

gbrian

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello Everyone,

this is my first time in this forum and I'm pretty new to the bearded dragon forum as well as owning my first one. I just got mine about a week ago, and I'm not sure how old he is but he's about 5-6 inches long. Anyways, I have posted a little pic of him.

Does anyone know what the best accurate reading thermometers and hygrometer to use and what brand.

based on the size of rango, do you know how old he/she is approximately and how many crickets I should be feeding him daily, once or twice...I usually give him about 10-15 a day...but split it up in 2 feedings and dust them with the calcium and D3

thanks,
IMAG0300.jpg

Brian

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey, Brian & Welcome 2 the Forum. Check Amazon 4 an indoor/outdoor thermometer with probe, most of them are hygrometers as well & can be picked up for 10-25 dollars. As far as feeding goes, babies can eat anywhere from 20-30 crix daily along with greens. Babies rely more on a protien diet 4 a healthy growth rate & more greens as an adult. D3 isn't needed if u have provided a UVB with lighting but calcium & vitamins should still b used. B sure 2 rinse out the repti-carpet often, it can harbor parasites. Congrats on your 1st dragon, they're awesome little animals.